Bottle Gourd-Flax Seeds Curry. Bottle gourd curry with sesame seeds is a simple and easy recipe for everyday cooking and it is heart friendly too. Bottle gourd, Lagenaria siceraria is Vitamin C and Zinc rich vegetable which supports for Antioxidant, Anti-bilious and Sedative properties. A very fragrant bottle gourd curry bursting with flavour from aromatic spices, tomatoes and herbs.
It is also consumed as a juice by many as a popular remedy for Bottle Gourd Long Seeds – is currently on backorder. You may still purchase now though and we'll ship as soon as more become available. Here the bottle gourd curry is made with coconut milk and yogurt. You can have Bottle Gourd-Flax Seeds Curry using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bottle Gourd-Flax Seeds Curry
- It’s 1 bowl of chopped bottle gourd.
- You need 2 tsp of flax seeds powder.
- Prepare 1 of big sized chopped tomato.
- You need 2 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of panchforan.
- You need 1 of green chilli.
- It’s Pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need As required of Water.
So triple cooling for the body. This lauki curry is my mom's recipe. She often makes this one during the summers along with cooling curries like Kokum curry, kadhi, avial and coconut milk or yogurt based stews or curries. Chopped Bottle gourd cubes are used mainly in subzis, curries and gravies.
Bottle Gourd-Flax Seeds Curry instructions
- Take washed and chopped bottle gourd in a cooker with one and a half glass of water and boil it until 3-4 whistles comes..
- Now heat oil in a kadhai, add panchforan, green chilli and pinch of asafoetida..
- Add boiled bottle gourd with water,add tomato,salt and all dry spices and cook it for 2-3 minutes..
- When bottle gourd mixture will slightly thicken then add flax seeds powder, mix well and add 1 glass water and cook it for more 2 minutes..
- Bottle gourd flax seeds curry is ready to serve with rice or chapati..
Bottle gourd seeds are toasted and ground. Lagenaria siceraria Also known as: edible bottle gourd, guava bean, opo This Asian vegetable is also called. Edible Long bottle gourd seeds /Asian Indian Opo Squash/Dudi/calabash/long melon. Long Squash Melon, edible bottle gourd Extra long (Asian vegetable) Gourd Seeds. Can be trellised to save space and makes an attractive vine.