Mango sticky rice sushi. This mango sticky rice recipe requires just a few ingredients. Use the ripest mangoes you can find, good-quality coconut milk (avoid "lite" options), and Thai sweet rice. Also called glutinous rice or sticky rice, it can be found at Asian food stores and well-stocked supermarkets.
You can refrigerate the rice for some time, but you may need to warm it slightly to get it to an appropriate consistancy to mold into sushi or ball shapes. Thai mango sticky rice, made with rice, mango and a delicious coconut sauce. It's sweet, creamy and a scrumptious dessert. You can cook Mango sticky rice sushi using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mango sticky rice sushi
- You need 1/2 cup of jasmine rice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of glutinous rice.
- Prepare 1 of mango.
- Prepare 4 of oreo cookies.
- You need 3 tbsp of condensed milk.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of dessicated coconut.
- You need 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s Dash of cocoa powder.
This rice has a high starch content, so it's super sticky. I wanted sushi but saw it covered in plastic wrap. I thought it would be better to wait and get sushi at a higher end place in the future. The classic Thai dessert of sweet coconut sticky rice and mango is explained in detail and repackaged in sushi form, just for fun.
Mango sticky rice sushi step by step
- Soak glutinous rice in cold water for a few hours.
- Cook both jasmine and glutinous rice (in a rice cooker or however you'd like).
- Peel and cut mango into 1cm by 1cm strips. Also cut into thin slices for topping..
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine brown sugar and coconut, microwave for 30s so the brown sugar is partially melted.
- In a food processor, pulverize oreos into a powder. Use a bag and fists if you must.
- When the rice is ready, mix in a few tablespoons a condensed milk until the desired texture is acheived. We don’t want a pudding texture, nor do we want individual grains..
- When the rice is properly combined, lay out a piece of plastic wrap on your sushi mat. Spread out the rice into a square, keeping the thickness to 0.5-1cm..
- Try to fill the square as much as possible, while allowing overflow space. Sprinkle the oreo crumbs on top until it’s evenly covered. Now take your mango strips and coconut mixture, and place in a line 2 inches near the edge of one side. The photo here replaces cranberry sauce but tbh coconut is better.
- Roll up one side while holding onto your fillings to avoid it from slipping. Tuck it around your filling, while pulling out the plastic wrap so it doesn’t get rolled in. Continue rolling, while evenly applying pressure to the roll. Once you get to the other side, give it a full roll to regain the circular shape..
- Slice (dip knife in water in between), and top with mango slices and a sprinkling of cocoa powder..
Sweet Thai Coconut Mango Sticky Rice Bites – This is a simplified recipe that has great flavor. First time I had this I fell in love! Mango sticky rice – The sweet gooey, nutty sticky rice is served with lucious coconut cream and sliced mango. Mango sticky rice a must-order whenever I visit a Thai restaurant, but when I can find ripe mangos I prefer to make this dish at home. Sweetened coconut milk flavors sticky rice, which is then served with fresh mango in this deliciously refreshing take on the traditional Thai treat.