Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan. Remove lid from pot, and fluff rice with a fork. Remove the marjoram sprigs, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve and top with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
I served the dish with a side of whole wheat spaghetti tossed with olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. I think the reason I'm not giving this a higher rating is because the eggplant. Vegan Japanese Eggplant DogFood Republic. lettuce leaves, mustard, japanese eggplant Japanese Miso EggplantNot Enough Cinnamon. coconut sugar, honey, scallions, eggplants, rice wine Japanese Summer Vegetable Miso SoupChef Ja Ccooks. zucchini, eggplant, dashi powder. You can have Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan
- You need 1 each of vegetable bouillon cube.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of sprigs fresh marjoram, divided.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 small of onion, halved and thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 small of zucchini squash, cut in half and sliced.
- Prepare 1 small of Japanese eggplant, cut in half and sliced.
- You need 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- It’s 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- You need 1 oz of olives, pits removed and roughly chopped.
- It’s 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 2 of sprigs fresh Italian parsley, leaves removed, roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 oz of Parmesan, shaved.
Spoon a bit of tomato sauce on each eggplant covering each with a piece of mozzarella, generously sprinkle with Parmesan. This easy Eggplant Parmesan Zucchini Casserole is full of fresh vegetables, vegan, gluten free and the perfect comfort food. When Eggplant Parmesan comes to your mind I know you probably expect this isn't dairy free. Traditionally it will be served with a creamy sauce made.
Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan step by step
- In a medium bowl, dissolve bouillon cube in 2 cups hot water with one sprig of marjoram, and set aside..
- Place a medium-large saucepot with a lid over medium heat. Add olive oil, and heat until oil lightly smokes. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini, eggplant, pinch of salt and pepper, and cook while stirring for 3-4 more minutes..
- Add olives, second sprig of marjoram, rice and vegetable stock to the saucepot. Heat on high until mixture comes to a boil. Cover with lid, lower heat to medium-low and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked and tender. Remove from heat. Leave pot covered, and allow the rice to sit and steam for 5-10 minutes..
- Remove lid from pot, and fluff rice with a fork. Remove the marjoram sprigs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide onto two plates. Top with parsley and cheese. Enjoy!.
Pat the eggplant and zucchini pieces dry with a paper or kitchen towel. Coat them with two teaspoons of vegetable oil. Preheat a lightly oiled grill or grill pan. Grill the vegetable pieces, for a minute or two, until cooked through and slightly charred with nice grill marks. Most eggplant Parmesan recipes call for the eggplant to be fried.