Black Eyed Peas Tikka Masala. This black eyed pea tikka masala flecked with collard greens and sweet potatoes is the perfect way to get your new year– or any day– to a great start. Superstitious or not, when you make this Black Eyed Peas Tikka Masala flecked with collard greens and sweet potatoes, you will feel — for the five. Black Eyed Bean is also known as lobia, a very nutritional pulse.
Vegetables are not typically added but I love the addition of cauliflower and peas. My husband and oldest daughter Karina love it with both rice and garlic naan. Black Eyed Kidney Beans Curry or Chawli chi usal served in a bowl, selective focus Turkish Olive Oil Food Black Eyed Peas with Lemon / Borulce Salad Chicken Tikka at skewers in black bowl at dark slate background. You can have Black Eyed Peas Tikka Masala using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Eyed Peas Tikka Masala
- It’s 3 1/2 tsp of Tikka Masala seasoning mix.
- You need 3 tsp of Curry powder.
- It’s 3 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 10 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 can of diced green chiles.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1 packages of dried black eyed peas.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- You need 1 of smoked pork hamhock (optional).
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 3 tsp of cumin powder.
Like any good bowl of tikka masala, this one greets you with a rich-tasting sauce bursting with warm spices that linger on your tongue — just the way you'd expect. Paneer, tofu, and chickpeas all make a fine choice for meat-free tikka masala, but it's high time we bring in more veggies. Black Eyed Peas Curry or Lobhia Masala made in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. Black eyed peas cooked in an onion-tomato gravy, along with lots of ginger, garlic and aromatic spices.
Black Eyed Peas Tikka Masala instructions
- Soak peas overnight in water. Drain them before cooking..
- In a food processor combine onion, garlic, cilantro. Pulse it until everything is finely chopped..
- In a large pot (I used a 6qt Dutch oven)? put the oil in it & cook the onion/garlic/cilantro mix with the green chiles & the canned diced tomatoes..
- Add the cumin, curry, tumeric, & Tikka masala seasonings. Let it cook for about another 5 minutes to let the flavors blend..
- Add the black eyed peas, smoked pork hamhock, & water. Salt & pepper to taste, if you want..
- Once it comes to a boil on med-high heat, cover & let it simmer on med-low until peas are soft & the "sauce" thickens. (About 2.5 hours).
- Add heavy cream & let it summer uncovered for another 30 – 40 minutes..
- Once it is nice & thick, you are done! I served this over white jasmine rice & it was delicious!.
It is perfect to enjoy with some steaming basmati rice and parathas. This is the masala which i made using the peas when i made the black eyed peas rasam. I loved the combination of this curry with the rasam, i also made kurkuri bhindi also. This Chickpea Tikka Masala recipe is an easy dinner to whip up when the Indian food cravings hit (plus, it's vegan!) I know I'm not supposed to admit this on account of being a *food Chickpea Tikka Masala, to be exact. It's creamy with coconut and spiced to perfection, all while being totally vegan!