Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado – Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry.
You can have Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado – Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry using 25 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado – Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry
- It’s 1/2 of small cabbage (red/regular), julienned thickly.
- You need 1/4 bunch of Chinese pechay, chopped (optional).
- Prepare 1 handful of green beans, cut 1in.
- You need 1 of good sized onion (red, white or combo), julienned.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of large carrot, julienned.
- You need 1 of celery top stalk chopped.
- You need 3 of full pinches chopped celery leaves.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper/capsicum, julienned.
- It’s 3 of mild green chilies (optional).
- You need 1/2 of chicken bouillon or broth cube.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pork tips (optional).
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts or rib part bone-in.
- It’s 3 of chicken livers (optional).
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/2 c of small shrimps, peeled (optional).
- You need 1/2 c of fried fish balls, halved (optional).
- It’s 1 of big pc of dried woodear, soaked, julienned (optional).
- It’s 2-3 Tbsp of soy sauce (light, dark or combo).
- It’s 3-4 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 pack (250 g) of vermicelli noodles.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Fried minced garlic (optional garnish).
- Prepare 4-6 of halved Calamansi or sliced lime, on the side.
- You need of Green onions, cut into garnish size (optional garnish).
Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado – Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry instructions
- Salt & pepper the chicken, liver and pork tips. Par boil in a pot with the bullion cube then cut into strips or chop if you prefer bone-in and set aside. Wash and dip the vermicelli in clean water then leave to soak in the liquid used to boil the meat..
- In a deep pan or wok, sauté the garlic and onions. Drop in the bell pepper if you prefer it softer, if not, add later..
- Add chicken, pork, liver, shrimps, woodear mushrooms and sauté with a dash of soy sauce. The optional proteins are up to you. It can just be the basic chicken. It can also be leftover roast chicken or meat. That's why the Pancit is so versatile. 🙂 Sauté whatever you have at this point with the garlic and onions, except the already fried fishballs (add that when ready to serve)..
- Sauté 3 mins. Drop in the chilies now if you prefer a little heat. Mix in..
- The key note : the more protein and veggies, the tastier, so choose at least 2-3 to add in the wok from the optional ingredients..
- Add green beans, if any, carrots and the stalky parts of the cabbage. Sauté 3 mins..
- Drop in the remaining cabbage, pechay, and celery. Mix in. Season with salt and pepper..
- In a minute add the drained noodles into the wok. Stir/mix in the veggie-meat mix. Note: the pancit should not be dripping with liquid. The finished product should not be saucy. So drain well..
- Distribute the oyster sauce and soy sauce. Mix in thoroughly. You'll see the noodles change in color. Add in your fish balls, if any.
- Taste and add more oyster or soy sauce according to your preferred taste. Keep sautéing until desired softness (or al denté) of the noodles is achieved..
- At this point all the veggies, proteins, and noodles should be cooked so remove from heat and transfer to your serving bowl..
- Serve with green onions, fried garlic and calamansi on the side..
- How to eat? Get a serving, sprinkle with green onions and garlic on top. Then get a calamansi or lime slice (or two) and squeeze over the noodles, around the plate. Enjoy! :).