You can cook Barbecue Rice using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Barbecue Rice
- You need 2 cup of Uncooked long-grain rice.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Dried fideo pasta (or dried angel hair pasta, broken into several small pieces).
- Prepare 1 of small white onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup).
- You need 1 of Fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon).
- Prepare 3 of large Garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of Barbecue Sauce.
- You need 3 cup of Low-sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of Few sprigs fresh cilantro for garnish.
Barbecue Rice instructions
- Soak rice in water for 5 minutes, rinse several times until water is clear, and drain well..
- Heat olive oil in a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium high heat until hot, being careful not to burn oil. Add rice and pasta, and stir to coat well, stirring frequently and scraping grains from bottom of pan all the time for about 4 minutes, until pasta begins to turn golden brown. Add diced onions and jalapeno and continue to stir and saute for approximately 3 minutes. Add minced garlic, stir and saute about 2 minutes more. Add 1 cup of barbecue sauce and stir to coat to grains of rice. Continue to cook until sauce reduces, about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil, cover and immediately reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer until liquid has been absorbed by the rice, about 15 minutes.Turn off heat, keeping the pot covered, and let rice sit for about 10 minutes longer. Uncover pan, fluff rice with a fork, taking care not to smash the grains of rice, and let sit uncovered for approximately 5 minutes..
- Move to a serving dish and garnish with fresh cilantro..