Mike's Garlic Chicken & Potatoes.
You can have Mike's Garlic Chicken & Potatoes using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Garlic Chicken & Potatoes
- Prepare of Chicken & Marinade.
- You need 4 large of Chicken Thighs [de-thawed with skins & bones].
- You need 3 dash of Granulated Garlic Powder [with dried parsley].
- You need of Garlic Olive Oil.
- You need 3 dash of Coarse Sea Salt.
- It’s 3 dash of White Pepper.
- It’s 1 large of Ziplock Bag.
- You need of Seasoned Garlic Potatoes.
- You need 6 medium of Potatoes [washed – unpeeled – cut bite sized].
- It’s 1 medium of White Onion [chopped bite sized].
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- You need 3 clove of Fresh Garlic [fine minced] Or, 1 1/2 tbs Roasted Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sun Dried Tomatoes [softened – chopped – packed].
- You need of Garlic Olive Oil.
- Prepare 3 dash of Granulated Garlic Powder [with dried parsley].
- You need of Coarse Sea Salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of White Wine.
- You need of Kitchen Equipment.
- You need 1 large of Cast Iron Skillet.
- You need of Tin Foil.
- Prepare 1 of Cutting Board.
- Prepare 1 large of Knife.
- Prepare 1 of Pair Tongs.
- Prepare 1 of Spatula.
Mike's Garlic Chicken & Potatoes step by step
- Rinse dethawed chicken thighs and pat them dry with a clean paper towel. Place everything in the Chicken & Marinade section in a Ziplock bag. Add only enough Garlic Olive Oil to fully coat the chicken thighs. Massage chicken and seasonings well and refrigerate for an hour..
- Leave your spices and oil out. You'll be using them again..
- Place about a 1/4 cup garlic olive oil [or less] in your cast iron skillet and heat on high. Place chicken thighs in hot skillet and sear chicken on both sides for 3 minutes on each side. Lightly sprinkle chicken with Italian Seasoning while frying. You'll want browned and crisped chicken thighs tops. Be real careful not to burn your oil tho..
- Remove chicken thighs from skillet with tongs and set to the side on a raised rack sprayed with Pam. Do not discard olive oil and chicken fat in skillet. Unless, there's an over abundance it because of the excess chicken fat. If so, just pour out an adequate amount. You'll only want enough oil and fat to evenly coat your spuds. Use as little oil as you possibly have to. ;0).
- Chop all vegetables bite sized and add everything in the Seasoned Potatoes section to the cast iron skillet. If soaking spuds and onions prior to baking to keep them from browning, [as pictured] drain them and pat them completely dry. You'll want for all your oil and seasonings to stick well to them. Mix vegetables, wine, seasonings, fats and oils together well. Seal skillet well with tinfoil..
- Place chicken thighs and potatoes in oven. Bake in a 350° oven for 45 minutes. At 45 minutes, carefully stir potatoes with spatula, check for doneness and bake spuds for 15 more minutes uncovered. Or, until done. Also, taste test your potatoes and decide if you'd like more sea salt added. I'll usually add more. Pierce your thickest piece of chicken with a knife. If the fluids run completely clear, they're baked. Pull chicken from oven and set to the side..
- Serve immediately with a crispy side salad. Enjoy!.