Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. A healthy twist on stuffed peppers! I served these with mashed cauliflower – yum! Combine quinoa and chicken stock in a saucepan.
The stuffed peppers are loaded with lean ground turkey, black beans, corn, crushed tomatoes and quinoa. Once the turkey is browned, shut off the heat and fold in the quinoa, kale and pepitas. Mix to incorporate all ingredients thoroughly. You can have Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers by using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can make that:
Ingredients of Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- It’s 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 4 of bell peppers.
- You need 1/4 cup of kale chopped finely.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmegan cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of parsley chopped.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need pinch of chili flakes.
- You need 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
Turkey Quinoa Stuffed Peppers: Choosing Bell Peppers. Bell peppers are packed with vitamins C, A and E and make a great vessel for a savory filling and satisfying dinner. For the bell peppers, choose red or orange. Brighter colored peppers have more nutrition in them and a sweeter taste.
Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers step by step
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. For the quinoa: Over medium-high heat, bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. As the broth is coming to boil, add the quinoa, then stir and cover. Reduce the heat to a simmer and steam the quinoa until the grains pop, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork..
- For the peppers: Set a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and add the turkey, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring with a wooden spoon and breaking up the pieces. Deglaze with the wine. While the turkey is browning, rinse the peppers and pat dry. With the pepper lying down on its side, cut off the top and remove the seeds and membrane. Repeat for the remaining peppers. Leave the stem on the top for presentation. Set aside..
- Once the turkey is browned, shut off the heat and fold in the quinoa, and kale. Mix to incorporate all ingredients thoroughly. Check for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper if required..
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the panko and Parmesan. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly moisten and season with salt and pepper. Set the peppers on a roasting tray cut-side up and stuff each with about 1/3 cup of filling. Top each pepper half with about 2 tablespoons of breadcrumb-Parmesan topping. Cover loosely with foil, place in the center of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. When the peppers are tender and cooked through, remove the foil and turn on the broiler. Cook under the broiler to brown the panko breadcrumbs and crisp up, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to rest before serving..
This recipe gives old-world stuffed peppers a fresh and healthful update with colorful (and more vitamin-C rich) red, yellow and/or orange peppers, stuffed with a satisfying filling that's enlivened with spinach and herbs. Roasted red peppers filled with spiced ground turkey and quinoa. This recipe for stuffed peppers is an easy way to pack a balanced meal into edible bowls! Each roasted bell pepper is filled to the top with ground turkey, quinoa, vegetables and Mexican spices for a little kick. These Southwestern Turkey Stuffed Peppers are filled with quinoa, black beans, roasted corn, and spices.