Muffaletta Olive Salad. Learn to make an olive salad, which is the foundation for the famous muffuletta sandwich from New Orleans. The Best Olive Salad for a Muffuletta Sandwich. The mother of all olive salads.
This traditional New Orleans favorite is. A homemade olive salad is spread on fresh bread which is then layered with salami, ham, mortadella, mozzarella and Provolone. Note: Use round bread loaves for real muffuletta. You can cook Muffaletta Olive Salad using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Muffaletta Olive Salad
- It’s 3/4 cup of Pimento Stuffed Olives.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pitted kalamata olives.
- You need 1/4 cup of giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables).
- You need 2 large of pepperoncini.
- You need 3 of pickled onions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of capers.
- Prepare 1 medium of Clove of Garlic, Chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It’s 1 of Couple of grinds of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Napoleon House Italian Olive Salad for Muffaletta. This olive salad is a mixture of garlic, an olive or two, and vinegar with some peppers thrown in If you love this Muffuletta Olive Salad Recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the. Muffuletta Olive Salad – The Best Olive Spread for Muffaletta Sandwiches. The BEST muffuletta olive salad for your next (or first) muffaletta sandwich.
Muffaletta Olive Salad step by step
- Drain all ingredients.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped..
- Refrigerate overnight.
This is my version of a famous New Orleans salad. Try it as a sandwich topping. Olive salad spread recipe for muffuletta sandwich made with green and kalamata olives as well as roasted red peppers, capers, celery and green onions. The zingy olive salad is the essential ingredient of a New Orleans muffuletta stuffed sandwich. Cut into individual squares before you pack up your picnic.