Black bean tacos with sauteed cabbage. Delicious cabbage and black bean tacos make an easy and satisfying vegan dinner. Black beans and hearty sautéed cabbage I learned to love sautéed cabbage in tacos when we were in Hawaii last month. While the tacos at Island Taco weren't as authentically Mexican.
Top with the black beans, salsa, cheese and cabbage. Canned black beans are an instant source of protein — they just need a few basic pantry spices to liven them up. Assemble the tacos using the cheesy tortillas, cooked beans, roasted squash, and marinated radishes (including any liquid). You can have Black bean tacos with sauteed cabbage using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black bean tacos with sauteed cabbage
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of six inch tortillas.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooked or canned black beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of salt, plus more to taste.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper, to taste.
- It’s 4 cup of shredded green cabbage.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped scallions.
- You need 4 of lime wedges.
The mango-cabbage slaw is the perfect balance of sweet and sour which compliments the fish perfectly. I served these for dinner last night with some guacamole on the side (not pictured here) and my husband was a Blackened cod fish seasoned with a spicy rub and cooked in a cast iron skillet. Crispy quesadillas filled with beans, sautéed spring onions, cabbage, avocado and lots of cheese. These quesadillas are filling and make a great vegetarian.
Black bean tacos with sauteed cabbage instructions
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with one tablespoon of the oil..
- Combine the beans, garlic, chili powder, cumin, half the salt, and some pepper in a bowl. Mash the mixture with a fork or potato masher; it should still be chunky..
- Spread the bean mixture out on the prepared pan, drizzle with another tablespoon of oil, and roast, stirring a few times, until the beans are crumbly and crisp in places, 15 to 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add cabbage and green onions. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring often, then reduce heat to low and cook another 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Keep on low heat until bean mixture is finished..
- Serve with warm tortillas, desired toppings and a lime wedge..
Place beans and cumin in small bowl; partially mash. Black beans, by the way, make almost any dish better … and slaw is so much crunchier than lettuce for tacos. I don't know why frying the tortillas like this never occurred to me. I did chop up and sautéed some sweet onions to add. Try these vegan black bean tacos.