Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge. This paleo savory porridge fuels your day with healthy fats and protein. Avoid the blood sugar crash of a high-carb breakfast and stay full until lunch. If you know me, you know I praise the versatility of cauliflower in a grain-free diet.
Many of us today, given our industrialized food practices, assume that these fermented grains were eaten in the form of sourdough breads and baked goods. The reality, though, is much different. This is a completely grain free porridge made from only nuts and seeds ! You can have Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa rinsed.
- It’s of additional 1 1/2 cups water or milk.
- It’s of keep those separate ^.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of quinoa rinsed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ground flax.
- It’s 1/8 cup of chia seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut flour.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of sweetener raw sugar, honey, or stevia blend etc.
- You need 4 cups of water or milk.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Funnily, it came about one morning as I had not put buckwheat groats to soak overnight to make buckwheat porridge. (FULL RECIPE BELOW) Start your day off right with this quick & delicious gluten free brekkie. Ideal for curbing cravings and natural energy! This delicious grain free porridge is simple to prepare, easy to digest and will really warm you up on cold mornings. When I say that this porridge is grain free and paleo, I am not completely accurate, since, besides avoiding I absolute love to enjoy this recipe mixing the grain free porridge and no-nut butter together or even simply by spreading some no-nut butter on a few slices of apple whenever I want a cold snack.
Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge step by step
- I chose honey as my sweetener. Since it is raw I waited to add it until the end when the whole pot has cooled to a warm temperature. If added when hot it kills the live cultures in the honey and that defeats the health benefits..
- In a separate pot cook 1 cup quinoa with the 1.5 cups of liquid. Bring water and quinoa to a boil, reduce heat to simmer place a lid on cook for 7-12mins..
- The rest of the ingredients place in a blender and add 3 of the 4 cups of water or milk. Blend well..
- Place blended ingredients plus the last cup of liquid in a pot and cook on low heat until it thickens. Takes 5-15min.
- Watch porridge and stir while cooking or it will stick to thy bottom and scorch..
- Once quinoa is cooked dump in pot with blended ingredients.
- Add fresh or frozen fruit. Or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Or vanilla. Or nuts. And or a tablespoon of coconut or butter.
Hearty grain-free porridge made with just nuts and seeds. But, for many of us who can't. Cereal, grits, waffles, pancakes, and what about oatmeal!? If you're looking for a creamy replacement to oatmeal, you have to give my grain-free and nut-free coconut porridge a try. It will win you over in no.