Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup). Di video ini saya share resep anak soto ayam enak dan simpel. Mungkin sudah banyak sekali resep soto ayam di chanel-chanel lain. It is like chicken soup but the broth is yellow because of turmeric.
This version of the classic Indonesian chicken soup comes from the Hyatt Regency in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. In the magazine, they talk about having a no RSVP soup party which is low pressure & high commitment. You provide the soup & your guests provide the bread or drinks or nothing at all. You can cook Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup) using 30 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup)
- It’s 2 of litters chicken broth (you can substitute with chicken powder and water).
- Prepare 2 stalks of lemon grass the white part.
- It’s 3 of tiny slices galangal.
- You need 4 of lemon kafir leaves.
- It’s 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of For the spices:.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper (any peppers white or black).
- You need 1 tsp of ginger powder (you can used the fresh ginger).
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 5-7 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of onion chopped (you can used shallots).
- Prepare of Oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of For topping:.
- Prepare of Cooked rice or cooked noodle (vermicelli noodle).
- Prepare of Shredded cabbage.
- It’s of Tiny sliced green onion.
- It’s leaves of Chopped celery or Chinese celery.
- You need of Fried shallots.
- Prepare of Roasted plain peanut (optional).
- Prepare of Lime wedges.
- You need of Hard boiled eggs.
- You need of Sweet soy sauce (optional).
- Prepare of For chilli sauce:.
- Prepare of Chilies.
- Prepare 1 pinch of chicken powder.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style. I've had soto ayam in the Netherlands. That's as close as you can get outside Indonesia I think. They are mad for Indonesian in the Netherlands.
Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup) step by step
- Boil the broth a big pan along with the lemon grass, lemon kafir leaves, bay leaves, and galanga. When it’s boiling and turn down the heat to the simmer..
- Meanwhile grind all the spices accept oil into pasta. I use a blender to blend all the spices..
- Now heat up the oil in a pan add the spices pasta and stir well until aromat and cooked through. Then transfer into the broth, season with salt. Cover let it cook and simmer for about 20 minutes. Adjust the taste before turn off the heat. Usually I leave it in simmer until ready to serve..
- While waiting for the broth, let’s make the chilli sauce. In a small pan add chilies and water. Bring it to boil for 5-10 minutes then take it off and drained it. Using a blender put the chilies in it add 2-3 tbsp broth, salt, pinch of chicken powder, and blend it. Scraped the chilli pasta out from the blender and transfer to the bowl. Add lemon juice and stir well, don’t forget to adjust the taste,and set asides..
- To assembly: Using a bowl (medium-big soup bowl) add a bit of rice and noodle or you can choose either one, than tops with shredded cabbage, shredded chicken, and ladle the hot broth into the bowl. Then sprinkle sliced green onion, chopped or sliced celery, fried shallots, roasted peanut, half hard boiled eggs, spoon of chilli sauce, and squeezed lemon juice..
- And it’s done! Now you have a delicious satisfying meal that you can enjoy in any time and any season. Enjoy!.
Soto Ayam is the Indonesian version of chicken soup. This soup is flavored with kaffir lime leaves , lemongrass, and a rich paste of herbs and spices. This traditional soup will warm your spirit as well as your tongue. Usually served with rice, you also get the added treat of vermicelli noodles at the. Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the Julia Gartland for The New York Times.