Cuban Style Black Beans. Skinnytaste > Latin Recipes > Quick and Delicioso Cuban Style Black Beans. Get your Latin groove on with these Cuban inspired black beans, loaded with mucho sabor (lots of flavor)! This recipe for Cuban black beans is the perfect side dish.
BUSH'S Cuban Style Black Beans™ are seasoned with garlic and bell peppers. They're a great gluten-free side for ham, fried chicken & other Southern favorites. Depending on the elaboration, it would be the way of seasoning, the more common spices had always been, the oregano, the bay leaf, the coriander, as well as the cumin and others additional. You can have Cuban Style Black Beans using 12 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cuban Style Black Beans
- You need 12 oz. of black beans.
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of sweet red pepper.
- You need 1/2 of sweet onion.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tablespoon of water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of garlic salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
This is an excellent quick recipe for black bean soup. I omit the beer just b'cuz I don't like it. Finish these Cuban-Style Black Beans beans with a vibrant, garlicky sofrito. They begin by simply cooking dried black beans with onion, green pepper, and bay leaf in a pressure cooker, which makes quick work of dried beans, infusing them with flavor while turning them very tender and soft.
Cuban Style Black Beans step by step
- Ingredients: Black beans.
- Bay leaf.
- Sweet red pepper.
- Garlic cloves.
- Water, cumin, garlic salt, balsamic vinegar, sugar, olive oil.
- Prepararion: In a colander put the beans and rinse them well.
- Put them into a bowl, add cups of water, the bay leaf and the red pepper cut in half (remove the seeds).
- The next day, remove the red pepper from the preparation scrape it away the inside with a spoon (throw away the skin). If you want, you can liquefy it with its skin.
- Mix it with the beans (do not drain the water) and put it in a pan.
- Peel, wash and cut the onion.
- Peel and wash the garlic cloves.
- In a blender put the water, the onion and the garlic cloves.
- Liquefy it.
- Add it to the pan with the cumin.
- Garlic salt.
- Balsamic vinegar.
- Mix well, put the pan on the stove on high temperature and in a covered pan cook it until boils.
- Put the temperature on low and cook it for an hour (covered pan).
- Turn off the burner, add the olive oil, mix well and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Throughout the cooking process do not stir continously (it will break down the beans).
- In this photo this delicious dish is accompanied with a spoonful of cheddar cheese, munster cheese and a spoonful of cream cheese.
When the beans are cooked, discard the bay leaf. Remove and set aside the ham hock and let it cool. The black bean recipe: Now, these Cuban black beans do take some planning ahead and do take Black Beans (Cuban Style) – Home Cooks Classroom. I got addicted to Cuban Black Beans when I was in Miami last month and decided to finally make them. My favorite legume recipe is homemade black beans with a Cuban twist.