You can also choose from crispy. High in soluble fiber, they're a great thickener for smoothies or used as a crunchy topping for yogurt. Traditional plain yogurt does not contain fiber. You can cook High fiber oats and yogurt cookies using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of High fiber oats and yogurt cookies
- You need 1 1/2 cups of oats.
- You need 1 cup (155 gr) of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 handful of almonds.
- You need 3 tablespoons of chia seeds.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of almond essence.
- You need of Sweetener of choice.
Top it with some Greek Yogurt, Peanut Butter, Protein Frosting, or anything else you can think of! Looking to add more fiber to your diet? Fiber — along with adequate fluid intake — moves quickly and relatively easily through your digestive tract and helps it function properly. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. https.
High fiber oats and yogurt cookies instructions
- Put 1 cup of oats in the food processor and work until soft. Mix with the rest of the unprocessed oats and put in a mixing bowl..
- Put almonds in food processor. Work until you have medium sized pieces, for chunkyness and crunchyness. Put in mixing bowl..
- Add seeds and baking powder and mix..
- Add egg (whole or just the white) and the almond essence, mix everything together..
- Add yogurt one tablespoon at a time and mix, until your dough is soft but still hard enough to make a ball that keeps it's shape. I used most of the cup..
- Add your favorite sweetener. I used enough to replace 8 teaspoons of sugar, it's sweet but not much. Feel free to add as much as you prefer..
- Pre heat the oven at 180 C°. Spread oil on oven tray or cover with aluminum foil..
- Take little pieces of dough and make small balls, squeeze them against the tray to form 5 cm diameter cookies (size is optional)..
- Put in oven for 15-20 minutes until they are a bit toasted and crunchy on the outside. Don't worry if they're still soft inside, but I prefer to wait til they're completely dry..
- Of course, almonds and chia seeds are optional. I recommend adding a nut for crunchyness and a seed for extra fiber, but of course you could add none of these..
Not only are oats one of the best good sources of fiber, but they're also a superstar ingredient when it comes to heart health as well. You can also use high-fiber fruits like berries to top off your yogurt, cereal or oatmeal to help dial up the. This Overnight Oats with Yogurt recipe is a nutritional powerhouse. It's loaded with protein, calcium and fiber and will keep you full all morning long. Eating pumpkin (rather than just carving it).