Meatballs in tomato and coconut sauce😋. Serve meatballs with tomato and coconut sauce. This is my first video have recorded. Cover the meatballs and refrigerate until required.
Place under a preheated grill until the cheese has melted. These meaty meatballs are crusty on the outside, moist and juicy from grated apple within. I served them buried in a fresh tomato sauce with a creamy coconut background, delicious over Chinese. You can have Meatballs in tomato and coconut sauce😋 using 18 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatballs in tomato and coconut sauce😋
- Prepare 500 g of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of breadcrumbs/oats (optional).
- Prepare 1 table spoon of Worscestershire sauce (optional).
- It’s 1 clove of garlic and a teaspoon of ginger (pounded).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s of Herbs (Parsley/Thyme).
- Prepare Teaspoon of spices (curry powder/royco/black pepper/ paprika).
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of mixing bowl.
- Prepare of Oil.
- You need of For the tomato sauce:.
- Prepare 1 of and a half teaspoon of butter/margarine.
- You need Teaspoon of cornflour.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of (dhana jeera/ cumin seeds, royco).
- Prepare of Dessicated coconut and Coconut milk/cream/powder.
Smother the meatballs in creamy, buttery curry sauce flavored with fresh tomatoes, garlic and ginger, top the whole dish with fresh mint and suddenly Add onion, garlic and ginger. Saute a few minutes until the onion is just beginning to soften then add spices. Add tomatoes and simmer on medium-high. Lentil Veggie "Meatballs" with Tomato Coconut Sauce.
Meatballs in tomato and coconut sauce😋 step by step
- Put the all ingedients you need together.
- Put the ground beef in your bowl and add the breadcrumbs (I didn't have enough so I added some oats which is actually a healthier option😊).
- Add in the spices, the egg, half a teaspoon of sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce, some little oil and mix well (I find it better to mix with your hands).
- Once everything is well combined leave to rest… Do not over mix or you'll end up with dry meatballs.
- Cut up your onion and put to fry in a pan, add some oil and the rest of the sugar and caramelize the onions… They should be slightly golden brown as in the picture below (this is my own twist coz I love caramelized onions).
- Once ready quickly put the onions in with the mixed minced beef and mix.. (be careful not to burn yourself with the onions but also don't let the onions cool because they will stick together).
- I used a teaspoon to scoop out the beef and roll into balls (choose a size that's appropriate for you.. I prefer bite sized balls).
- Once done cover with cling foil and put in the fridge for about an hour. This helps the meatballs maintain their shape when you fry.
- In the pan where you had caramelized your onions, put a little oil and put in the meatballs, fry on the sides for about 7 minutes (keep rotating so they at least look like balls 😂) other people prefer to deep fry, you can do that as well.
- When done remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same same pan 😂 I like to maintain the flavours…. Melt the margarine and add the cornflour and mix well till combined, don't overcook it.
- Add your tomatoes and dessicated coconut and cook till it makes a thick sauce.
- Add your spices and your milk and let simmer for a little bit.
- Add in the meatballs and leave to cook till the sauce starts bubbling (of the sauce is too thick add some water in very little portions).
- When done add the coconut milk or your coconut powder mixture and leave to simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Note that: the sauce becomes thicker when it cools so while on the heat it should be Abit light.
- Serve and garnish with corriander leaves… I served mine with plain rice mixed with some spice.
The secret to perfect meatballs in tomato sauce? Adding sour cream and Parmesan to the beef and handling the meatballs lightly. When I made these meatballs in tomato sauce for the first time, my family immediately declared them as "your best ever!" and demanded that I only make these from now. Meatballs in Tomato Sauce: This is one of my favourite meal-time recipes. It can be made very quickly while still tasting great and having that homemade touch.