Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn. Arrange the peppers in a single layer in the slow cooker. Try making these slow cooker stuffed bell peppers dinner! Black beans add some protein to this complete, one dish vegetarian meal.
I love any meal that can The secret to the filling is using this Green Giant Mexicorn; corn already flavored and seasoned with even more bell pepper. Sometimes I add chopped red bell pepper to the onion and garlic saute, but that's mostly for added color When onions/beans/corn were heated through, I VERY gently tossed in the cooked quinoa. You can try find out more about Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn. You can cook Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn
- You need 4 of red, orange, green or yellow bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
- It’s 15 oz of can black beans, rinsed.
- It’s 1 of roma tomato, seeded & diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn (frozen or freshly cut from the cob).
- You need 4 oz of can diced green chiles (with liquid).
- You need 2 tbsp of minced dry or fresh cilantro.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (Monterrey Jack).
- It’s 1 cup of salsa.
- You need 28 oz of can or homemade enchilada sauce.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers – Hearty, protein/fiber loaded peppers packed with so much flavor – and it's all made in the crockpot. *The ground beef does not have to be cooked prior to using. *White rice or quinoa can be Cooked slow cooker bell peppers for dinner. Stuff each bell pepper with mixture. Put water in the bottom of slow cooker. Loaded with enchilada sauce, black beans and corn.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn step by step
- Trim a 1/2 inch from the top of each pepper. Discard the seeds and core. Remove the stem from the pepper tops and then finely chop the pepper tops. Add the chopped pepper tops, onion, and olive oil to a small saute pan and cook over medium heat until the peppers are soft and the onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add the minced garlic the last minute of cooking and cook until fragrant..
- In a large bowl combine the cooked vegetable mixture, 1 cup of the cheese, black beans, quinoa, corn, salsa, half of the cilanto, and spices. Stir well to combine. Pack the filling evenly into each bell pepper. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350354-how-to-cook-quinoa.
- Pour enchilada sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker and place each pepper standing up in the bottom. Cover and cook until the peppers are tender, 3 to 4 hours on low depending on how crisp you like your peppers..
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly over the peppers, put the lid back on and cook until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Remove the peppers from the slow cooker and place on a serving dish. Drizzle with enchilada sauce from the pan and sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro and extra cheese if desired..
A quick, easy and satisfying meal! I adapted my recipe for Healthy Mexican Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Peppers and made it slow cooker friendly. This time I used brown rice in place of quinoa and added enchilada sauce for extra flavor and a little. Vegetarian stuffed bell peppers wth healthy ingredients like quinoa, and black beans. Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Pecans. posted by Marina Delio