Japchae. Japchae (잡채) literally means "mixed vegetables." But the main ingredient of this classic dish is In this traditional japchae recipe, the chewy and springy noodles are nicely paired with thin strips of beef. Beef, carrot, eggs, garlic, green onion, ground black pepper, onion, red bell pepper, salt, sesame oil, sesame seeds, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, spinach, starch noodles, sugar, vegetable oil, white oyster mushrooms. Japchae or chapchae (잡채) is a very popular Korean dish.
Japchae is a simple Korean noodle dish packed with a rainbow of vegetables and steak. Our japchae recipe is an easy, delicious dish that's also gluten-free! Grab a big bowl of Japchae Korean glass noodles with tofu! You can cook Japchae using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japchae
- You need 90 g of baby spinach leaves.
- You need 60 ml (1/4 cup) of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of caster sugar.
- You need 60 ml (1/4 cup) of sesame oil, plus extra, to drizzle.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, crushed.
- It’s 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
- You need 240 g of sweet potato vermicelli (dangmyeon) (see Note) or mung bean vermicelli.
- Prepare 80 g of (about 4) fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of white onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of zucchini, thinly sliced into matchsticks.
- You need 1/2 cup of garlic chives (see Note), cut into 5 cm lengths.
- It’s of sesame seeds and kimchi (optional), to serve.
Each bite is packed with healthy vegetables and plant protein for a delicious gluten free meal. Make japchae if you want a comforting and nutritionally balanced meal. The sweet potato noodles are tossed with beef and veggies in a sweet savory sauce. Flavorful and exquisite Japchae is made of sweet potato noodles, julienne vegetables, and sliced beef tossed in a Korean soy Japchae 잡채 (Korean Stir Fried Noodles).
- Blanch spinach in boiling salted water for 20 seconds or until bright green. Plunge into iced water then drain well. Set aside..
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and garlic in a bowl and set aside. Heat 2 teaspoons of sesame oil in a wok over high heat. Season egg with salt and pepper and pour into wok, swirling to make a thin layer. Cook for 30 seconds or until set. Cool slightly, roll up and then slice..
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well, drizzle with a little sesame oil and toss to combine..
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1½ tablespoons of sesame oil in a large wok or frying pan until hot. Add mushroom and onion, and cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Add zucchini and cook for 1 minute or until just tender. Add noodles, soy sauce mixture, spinach and garlic chives, toss to combine and cook until warmed through. Serve scattered with sesame seeds and topped with egg and kimchi, if desired..
- NOTES Sweet potato vermicelli (dangmyeon) is available from Asian food shops. Garlic chives are available from Asian grocers, substitute regular chives..
Japchae, this easy Korean noodle stir-fry recipe, is quick and easy to make, it's full of veggies (red peppers, carrots, onions, mushrooms, spinach). Plate the japchae then garnish with some sesame seeds! Since japchae is usually made in generous portions, you can store the leftovers in the refrigerator and then stir fry them again later. Japchae contains different vegetables, usually including spinach, carrots, onion and Japchae then became a staple of Korean royal court cuisine. Cooked without noodles or meat at the time, japchae.