Meme's Amazing Black Bean "Hummus". Drain black beans and rinse well. This hummus comes with raves attached to it. Everything goes into the food processor and is swooshed into a fabulous consistency.
Daily hummus memes for hummus lovers, meme admirers, chickpea enthusiasts, pita partners, falafel fa. Instead of chickpeas, you can use black beans to make this Middle Eastern dip. And for a bit of extra flavor, stir in jalapeño pepper and lime juice. You can cook Meme's Amazing Black Bean "Hummus" using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meme's Amazing Black Bean "Hummus"
- You need 2 can of black beans 15oz.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of scotch bonnet pepper(s) (WARNING: do not use if you don't love hot and spicy, substitute with a mild pepper or maybe spring onions/ scallions).
- It’s 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of sea salt (optional).
It was super easy to make and tasted amazing – full of flavor! Hummus with olives close-up. horizontal top view. This Black Bean Hummus is creamier and smoother than a classic chickpea hummus, and is flavored with classic additions like tahini and cumin. I will admit that black bean hummus is a lot uglier than chickpea hummus, but it makes up for it in taste.
Meme's Amazing Black Bean "Hummus" instructions
- Drain black beans and rinse well..
- Place beans in food processor with garlic (crush or grate if desired)..
- Add 1- 3 scotch bonnets depending on heat preference, leave seeds in for maximum "umph". Do not attempt seeds and 3 unless you pretty much have no taste buds left, lol. (A dig at all you hot pepper fanatics, you know who you are.).
- Add 1-2 teaspoons olive oil and blend, adding additional oil until desired consistency is reached. Add a dash or two of salt if desired..
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers of your choice. Makes a lovely sandwich spread as well..
Black beans have always been one of my favorite. Delicious vegan hummus recipe that's bursting with flavor, both sweet and spicy. You can put it on crackers, dunk fresh-cut veggies in it, spread it on toast, and more. This black bean hummus is creamy and light and healthy and so very tasty with a wide variety of dippers like pretzels, peppers or carrots. I mean, really, this black bean hummus (touched up with a zesty hint of lime and a few smoky flavors) is extremely delicious.