Bakewell Coconut & Caramel Pie.
You can cook Bakewell Coconut & Caramel Pie using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bakewell Coconut & Caramel Pie
- It’s For of Pie crust-.
- You need 1 cup of maida/all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of salted butter.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s For of Filling-.
- It’s 3/4 cup of dessicated coconut.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Maida.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 50 ml of cold milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Cold Water.
- Prepare For of Topping-.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Caramel sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of almond flakes.
Bakewell Coconut & Caramel Pie step by step
- To prepare the filling, in a mixing bowl, you need to add in coconut, flour, baking powder, sugar, milk and water and mix well..
- Keep this mixture in the refrigerator for an hour or so. Prepare the crust in the meanwhile..
- To make the crust, mix maida, icing sugar and soft butter, so it looks like fine meal..
- Add vinegar and mix..
- Now add milk and water mixture in tablespoons to make a tough dough. Set in fridge to chill..
- To make the Pie: remove the dough from the fridge after an hours rest. Roll out the dough into an 8 inch disc..
- Grease a 7-inch pie tray. Place the disc and gently press it to line the bottom and sides of the tray. Chop off the excess with a knife..
- Preheat oven at 180°C..
- Remove the filling from the refrigerator and mix it nicely..
- Pour this awesome filling in the prepared tart shell. Top with caramel sauce. Make spiral waves using a toothpick..
- Sprinkle almond flakes on top. Place the shells in a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Centre part will be little jiggly when hot. Pie is ready to be served..
- Enjoy this pie warm or chilled. It tastes delicious any which way..