Olive and rosemary scones. Watch as Ann makes her famous Olive Rosemary Scones with olive oil instead of butter and subs in whole wheat flour for half of the white. Combine and set aside half and half, eggs, onion, and olives. In a large bowl, combine and mix well: flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, rosemary, pepper, and salt.
There is also no salt in this recipe as the chopped oil cured olives and parmesan cheese add enough; if you. Rosemary compliments the red currants beautifully and I swapped out the butter and used extra virgin olive oil and Greek yogurt instead. They turned out beautifully, my bejeweled Red Currant and Rosemary Olive Oil Scones. You can have Olive and rosemary scones using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Olive and rosemary scones
- It’s of scones.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of grated blend of romano and parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter/ Cold, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
- It’s 1/3 cup of pitted kalamata olives/ chopped.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of half and half.
- You need 4 of grinds fresh black pepper.
- Prepare 2 1/4 of 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour.
I hope you will enjoy them, too, along with what is left of summer. Similar to a flavored biscuit, but richer and more tender, these savory scones are the perfect accompaniment to a hearty soup or stew, an assortment of cheese and cold meats, or a brunch or supper. Olives, steak, and rosemary are a match made in heaven. Tender grilled sirloin…juicy olives…What more could you want?!
Olive and rosemary scones instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- In mixing bowl with dough hook attachment blend flour, baking powder, salt and cheese..
- Add in butter and mix until it looks like coarse crumbs..
- On low speed, mix in rosemary, olives and pepper..
- Add enough half and half until just moistened..
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead several times..
- Shape dough into 8" circle on place on greased cooking sheet..
- Brush top with a little melted butter for added flavor and color before cooking..
- Bake 10-15 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
These Rosemary Olive Steak Skewers are a MUST! With a few simple ingredients, you can have a main course that everyone will enjoy. Ricotta Rosemary Scones are a scrumptious savory scone that can be enjoyed at breakfast, brunch, or anytime you are craving an herb scone! This is a big one folks. The buttery scone is packed with palate pleasing grated parmesan cheese, chopped green olives and aromatic rosemary for a treat that is out of this world.