Cumin Rice. Cumin rice is an earthy and slightly peppery dish that can be used as the base for many meals. This is not a traditional jeera rice recipe, but rather my "what works for me" version of jeera rice. Cumin seeds are fun to cook with, they come alive when you drop them in hot oil, and they impart a View image.
Learn how to make Jeera Rice, otherwise known as cumin rice, with this simple recipe that drains the water from the rice to remove all impurities. Bring the rice to a boil over medium-high heat, uncovered. See great recipes for Dal fry with jeera rice😋 too! You can cook Cumin Rice using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cumin Rice
- You need 1 cup of basmati rice.
- You need 2 cups of water & extra for soaking.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of finely chopped green chilli.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
Jeera rice is a simple rice dish flavored with cumin seeds. Jeera Rice or Cumin Rice makes a delicious side dish which can be served with any meal and makes it festive. Add the rice, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir briefly over low heat until the grains are coated with butter.
Cumin Rice step by step
- Soak the rice for half an hour. Drain and set aside..
- Heat ghee in a pot. Add the spices and cumin seeds to it. When the cumin seeds splutter add the green chilli and drained rice. Saute the rice for a few minutes..
- Add 2 cups water and salt to the rice and mix. Bring the rice to a quick boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook till the water has evaporated..
Stir in the broth and make sure there are no lumps in the rice. Add the parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Step by Step Cumin Rice Recipe: Wash and rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Transfer to the Cook according to your rice cooker instructions. Cumin and coriander give a more rustic feel to nutty basmati.