Maple Walnut Strudel Coffee Cake.
You can cook Maple Walnut Strudel Coffee Cake using 25 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Maple Walnut Strudel Coffee Cake
- It’s of For Cake:.
- It’s of Dry ingredients:.
- Prepare 2 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Light Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Fine Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- You need of Wet Ingredients:.
- Prepare 8 ounces of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Pure Maple Syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil ( canola, vegetable or melted coconut oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of buttermilk or whole milk.
- You need 2 of large eggs beaten.
- You need 1 teaspoon of maple extract (optional. Makes it more maple flavor).
- It’s 1/2 cups of Chopped toasted walnuts.
- Prepare of Strudel Mixture;.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cups of chopped toasted walnuts.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg. I use both.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare of Topping:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sifted powdered sugar.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup.
- It’s Can of add 1 teaspoon maple extract for more intense maple flavor.
Maple Walnut Strudel Coffee Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. While oven preheats, spray or butter a 9×9 inch square pan or cast iron or aluminum..
- Mix strudel ingredients until crumbly and set aside..
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients for cake until well combined. Set aside..
- In separate bowl, mix wet ingredients until well combined..
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients..
- Pour wet ingredients into well and gently fold into dry until just combined. Do not over mix..
- Pour half of the cake batter into prepared pan..
- Sprinkle half the strudel mixture over layer of cake in pan..
- Pour remaining batter over strudel layer..
- Sprinkle remaining strudel over top..
- Bake at 350 until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Check after 20 minutes..
- Cool for 15 minutes if removing from pan and finish cooling on wire rack..
- Mix topping ingredients to combine well. I sometimes add a few splashes of milk to thin for a glaze. You can make it thick if you prefer..
- Drizzle icing over warm cake..
- Serve warm if you prefer. Even better the next day..
- I love this for breakfast or snack with coffee or tea..