Indonesian Meat Ball Soup (Bakso). Bakso Campur – Indonesian Mixed Meatballs Soup -. Bakso is Indonesian meatball, and is an extremely popular Indonesian food. It's everywhere; you're just as likely to find it being If you are planning to serve the bakso as suggested here, with the noodles, don't take a shortcut with the broth (or soup as we call.
Bakso is an Indonesian term for meatballs and can also refer to meatball soup. Bakso is a popular street food in Indonesia. There's even a children song about this food, which I am quite proud to say that I still remember the lyrics to it, haha. You can cook Indonesian Meat Ball Soup (Bakso) using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Meat Ball Soup (Bakso)
- You need of For the Meatball:.
- You need 300 gr of beef minced meat.
- Prepare 150 gr of tapioca starch or potato starch.
- You need 1 of egg white.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of ice water.
- You need to taste of Salt and ground pepper.
- Prepare of For the Soup:.
- It’s 7-8 cup of beef or chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- It’s of To serve with:.
- It’s 150 gr of rice vermicelli / egg noodles.
- It’s 3-4 bunches of Bokchoy, washed and parboiled.
- You need 4 of fried tofu cut into half.
- It’s of Thinly slices of celery.
- You need of Fried shallot.
- It’s of Chili sauce or sambal.
The main thing about bakso is, of course, the meatballs, the most common one is made from beef, but no one says you cannot use other meat. In Indonesia, I can simply call street vendors who sell this soup very easily in front of my house. For first version, the soup consists of top-round beef, Asian Beef Meatball, crispy scrambled egg, no tofu, and no wonton wrapper. Indonesian Meatball Soup. or Bakso is one of the most popular food in Indonesia.
Indonesian Meat Ball Soup (Bakso) instructions
- Bakso / Meatball: To make the meatballs, transfer minced meat, egg white, garlic into food processor. Blend until well ground then add tapioca starch, salt and pepper. Using 2 spoons or you can use ice cream scoop to form the mixture into small balls and put inside boiled water. Cook until the meatball firm and set aside..
- Soup Place all the soup ingredients in a pot and bring to boil. Add the meatball into the soup..
- Serve Divide the rice vermicelli/ egg noodle, tofu and bok choy into 4 serving bowl. Put the soup and the meatball. Serve with celery, fried shallot and sambal..
You can find this dish everywhere in Indonesia (local restaurants, street vendors, and even in five stars hotels). Meatballs are ubiquitous in Asian noodle soups. What makes the Indonesian bakso different? They are dense because of the When served with noodles and broth, the dish is mee bakso. But meatballs are ubiquitous in Asian noodle soups—what makes the.