Brad's red wine NY steaks with grilled asparagus. Red wine and steak go hand-in-hand, so why not take the flavor up a notch and marinade the two together? Pair your juicy grilled steak with this grilled. Steaks cut from the tenderloin, such as filet mignon, are the most tender pieces of beef, though they lack the assertively beefy chew of sirloins and rib steaks.
Join Eric from Simply Elegant Home Cooking. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. The entire meal was quick and easy to prepare, making it ideal for a weeknight. You can have Brad's red wine NY steaks with grilled asparagus using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's red wine NY steaks with grilled asparagus
- It’s of For the steak.
- You need 3 of 10 – 12 Oz NY steaks.
- You need 3 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 of medium sweet onion, sliced thin.
- Prepare 12 Oz of shitake mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare of For the marinade.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine like burgundy or cabernet.
- It’s 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbs of black pepper.
- You need Pinch of sea salt.
- You need of For the asparagus.
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of asparagus.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of steak seasoning.
- Prepare of Garnishes.
- Prepare of Steak sauce.
- Prepare of Horseradish.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Au jus.
When that steak is grilled, don't be afraid to serve wines that have seen some new oak—the smoky-sweet flavors of the barrels work well with the California and Washington Cabernet Blends. Napa Valley Cabernets with grilled steak are a classic combo, and you can't go wrong with this pairing. For the red wine-rosemary butter: Place the wine and the rosemary sprig in a small saucepan over medium heat. Flip the steaks and sear on the reverse side until crusty.
Brad's red wine NY steaks with grilled asparagus instructions
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a LG bowl. Add steaks and marinade a couple hours. Turn fairly often..
- Cut the tough ends off of the asparagus. I like to use thicker spears to handle the grilling better. Mix with rest of asparagus ingredients and let sit..
- Melt butter in a LG frying pan. Carmelize onion and mushrooms over medium low heat. Stir often..
- Preheat and clean grill. Grill steaks and asparagus over medium high heat until asparagus is tender and steaks are at desired doneness. I always cook rare. The first time you flip steaks pour a little marinade over them.
- When steaks are done, plate. Top with a little steak sauce, then onion and mushrooms. Top with cheese. Use other desired garnish. Serve with asparagus and bacon cheddar mashed potatoes. Enjoy..
You can't really go wrong with steak and mushrooms, plus some good French technique to get you there. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange asparagus around steak. Grilled steak recipe with summer veggies and a red wine glaze. This is a Dairy Free, Gluten Free recipe with Beef and is perfect for Dinner. grilled steak with red wine glaze.