Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew. This Chinese Beef Brisket Stew with Beef Tendon & Daikon (Chinese: 柱侯蘿蔔牛筋腩) is yet another classic Cantonese favorite! It's not only a staple Uncooked: If you bought uncooked beef tendons, pressure cook the beef tendons with a cup of cold water in Instant Pot Pressure Cooker at High. Beef brisket, beef tendon, and daikon are pressured cooked in spices and seasonings.
This Chinese beef stew is an easy make-ahead recipe that requires little prep and you'll have delicious dinners for If you want a fattier beef stew, try to find a very marbled cut of brisket or short ribs. This is a great winter stew-type dish. A lot of different cuts of beef will work; my old choice was blade as its large amount of intramuscular fat gives it. You can create Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew by using 22 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that:
Ingredients of Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew
- Prepare 2-3 lbs of beef short ribs.
- Prepare 1 lb of beef tendon.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of oil.
- You need 3 of shallots, sliced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 5 of spring onions.
- You need 4 inch of ginger, peeled & sliced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of shaoxing wine.
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of chu hou paste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 3 of whole star anise.
- Prepare 5 inches of orange peel.
- You need 1.5 lbs of daikon, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 3 of parsnips, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 5 oz of shitake, sliced.
- You need 1 can of baby corn.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of water.
- You need 4 Tbsp of corn starch.
This Pressure Cooker Beef Stew is a classic, old-fashioned recipe, based on a stovetop version my mom cooked for me growing up. Pressure cooked in savory Japanese seasonings, this Japanese Beef Tendon Stew (Gyusuji Nikomi) is flavorful and super tender and melts in your mouth. Tendons are tough and fibrous but become tender after a long period of cooking. With the use of pressure cooker, the cooking process can be.
Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew step by step
- Place the beef tendon in the pressure cooker and add 1 cup water. Pressure cook on high pressure for 1 hour and 15 min and natural pressure release..
- While the tendon is cooking, prepare the other ingredients..
- Lay the short ribs out on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper..
- Separate the green from the white parts of the spring onion. Add the white parts to a small bowl and then prep the garlic, shallot and ginger into the bowl..
- Peel and cube the daikon and parsnips, and rough slice the shitake and add to a large bowl..
- In a small dish add the chu hou paste, soy sauces, oyster sauce, sugar, star anise and orange peel..
- When the tendon is done cooking, pour the cooking liquid out, and rinse the tendon under cool water. Cut the tendon into bite size pieces..
- Preheat the oven broiler to high. Broil the short ribs for 5 minutes until they are seared and browning..
- In the cleaned out pressure cooker heat the oil with the saute function. Add the onions, shallot, garlic and ginger. Cook until they begin to brown and stick to the bottom of the pan and then add the shaoxing wine..
- After the shaoxing has deglaze the bottom of the pan, add the stock and the chu hou mixture. Stir to distribute..
- Layer in the short ribs and cubed tendon. Add the daikon, parsnip and mushroom on top..
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 10 min.
- Quick release the pressure. Drian the baby corn and add it to a bowl..
- Remove the daikon and parsnips and place on top of the baby corn. Leave this aside to stay warm..
- Replace the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for another 20 min.
- Let the pressure naturally release. Remove the lid and pick out the rib bones..
- Combine the starch and water into a slurry. Bring the stew to a simmer and add the slurry while stirring a little at a time until it thickens to your level of choosing..
- Add the reserved vegetables and mix. Dice the green stems of the onions for garnish..
Chinese beef stew recipe (柱侯蘿蔔炆牛腩) is the Cantonese style cuisine by serve with noodles and rice. The most suitable cuts for this Chinese beef stew is the beef brisket and tendon. Remove the beef once the exterior of the beef has changed color and cooked. This savory and delicious pressure cooker beef stew has been adapted as an easy and super fast pressure cooker recipe that's hard to beat. After cooker beeps indicating cooking time has been reached.