Spicy Fried Noodles – Cantonese style. This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy. An easy Cantonese-style pan-fried noodle dish that comes together so quickly!
They're egg noodles, so they should be yellow in color, and they can be. Drain and then plunge the noodles in cold water. Delicious Cantonese Style Fried Noodles with a smooth egg-based sauce. You can cook Spicy Fried Noodles – Cantonese style using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Fried Noodles – Cantonese style
- Prepare 1 tsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of noodles (egg or rice vermicelli).
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 4 of spring onions.
- It’s 1 of celery stalk.
- It’s 1/2 of carrot.
- It’s 2 of cloves garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of chili.
- It’s 1 of bamboo shoots.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Your choice of dried egg noodles, rice noodles, or a combination of the two. Some come pre-fried in little bricks. Here in the US, the most common variety found is pancit canton made in the Philippines. I like to crisp up these.
Spicy Fried Noodles – Cantonese style instructions
- Prepare the sauce. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, fish sauce, and white pepper together. Set aside..
- Soften noodles. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in wok and spread the softened noodles thinly. Important: use a fork or chopsticks to keep the noodles from clumping into a big ball. After two minutes, set aside..
- Heat second tbsp olive oil to fry garlic, onion, spring onion and chilli. After a minute add the carrot, celery, and bamboo. Add a a few tablespoons of water and steam with a lid/cover for 3 min. Make sure it doesn't burn..
- On high heat, add the fried noodles and the pre-mixed sauce. Fry until everything is coated, liquid is gone, and noodles are the desired texture..
- If you want to add sprouts. Add them at the end so they are heated up but still crunchy..
This Cantonese style noodle dish is made with deep-fried fresh egg or ramen noodles, and it topped with luscious sauce made with chicken stock, fish cake. Today's Cantonese Pan Fried Noodles recipe, AKA Pork Lo Mein, is a far cry from traditional (mostly mundane) dinner options. It's packed with veggies Cantonese Pan Fried Noodles is a quick meal that feeds a hungry crowd and always, always, gets rave reviews. It will make any boring weeknight. Delicious, easy and better than takeout,restaurant style, ultimate spicy Chicken Lo Mein recipe!