Pasta Alla Norma.
You can cook Pasta Alla Norma using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta Alla Norma
- You need 1 small of eggplant.
- It’s 1 of tomato, diced.
- You need 3 of garlic clove, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried herbs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 of servings angel hair pasta.
Pasta Alla Norma step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Chop eggplant into chunks. Spray a baking tray with oil, add the eggplant, add cook the eggplant with a little salt and pepper for 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, get a pot of water boiling for the pasta. Heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onion when the oil is hot and cook about a minute until just softened. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook another minute or until onion is translucent..
- Add the diced tomato, vegetable broth, herbs, and salt and pepper. Cook on low until it's thickened up a bit into a sauce..
- When the eggplant is done, add to your tomato sauce. Your water should be boiling by now – if you're using angel hair pasta, now is the perfect time to add it, it should only take about 5 minutes or so. If using a pasta that takes longer, get it cooking a bit before you add the eggplant, you don't want chunks of smoosh, the eggplant only needs about 5 minutes to cook in the sauce..
- When the pasta is cooked, add to your sauce and toss to coat. Top of with a little cheese and enjoy!.