Thai Larb Gai.
You can have Thai Larb Gai using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Larb Gai
- You need 500 grams of chicken mince.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 stalk of lemon grass, chopped.
- Prepare 1 small of knob ginger, grated.
- You need 1 each of green and red chillies, diced.
- It’s 227 grams of tin water chestnuts, diced.
- Prepare 1 small of amount vermicelli, cooked to packet directions.
- It’s 2 of limes, juiced.
- It’s 6 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 6 tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 small of red capsicum, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 of spanish onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mint, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coriander, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of ice berg or baby cos lettuce.
- Prepare 1 small of splash peanut oil.
Thai Larb Gai step by step
- Brown mince in peanut oil with garlic, lemongrass and ginger.
- Once browned, add lime, vinegar and fish sauce, adding more to taste if needed. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir through water chestnuts, vermicelli cut into small strands, capsicum, spanish onion and herbs.
- Rest for 5 minutes, seperate lettuce leaves and serve larb on top of lettuce..
- Serve with rice.