Cherry coconut loaf 🍒. Cherry and coconut loaf is an easy-to-make cake that blends the sweet taste of cherries with the exotic flavour of coconut. Super easy to make, with lots of desiccated coconut and glacé cherries. The cake has quite a bit of coconut but I love coconut, so that's the point.
Cherry Coconut Loaf Cake – BAKESALOTLADY. The texture of this coconut pound loaf cake is a fine crumb and very moist. The flavor is simply wonderful, packed with This coconut pound cake is very freezer friendly so if you wanted to make a few loaves or perhaps cut into portions and freeze, there isn't any loss of quality once defrosted. You can have Cherry coconut loaf 🍒 using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cherry coconut loaf 🍒
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 can (400 g) of Coconut milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of (heaped) coconut sugar.
- It’s 2.5 cups of spelt flour.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of dessicated coconut.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of ground cardamom – optional; i just really like cardamom.
- It’s 20 of or so Cherries, pitted and cut in half.
Flaked coconut adds a tropical flavor to this sweet and lemony bread. Serve it with a cup of hot tea for a simple breakfast or snack. Toasted coconut and a coconut milk glaze top this moist, coconut-filled healthy breakfast bread from the book Sprouted Kitchen. This loaf is sweet but not too sweet, just the way I like it.
Cherry coconut loaf 🍒 instructions
- Preheat oven to 180C..
- Mix the eggs, coconut milk, oil and sugar together in a bowl..
- In another bowl, mix everything else apart from the cherries..
- Combine the dry ingredients with the egg mixture..
- Coat the cherries in a little bit of flour. This helps them not sink to the bottom. Like so….
- Then fold the cherries through the mix..
- Pour the mixture into a lined or silicone loaf tin. Bake for about an hour. Test with a skewer in the middle to see if cooked..
- Leave to cool before cutting. Enjoy 😋 (and look the flour trick works 😎).
You can't really tell in the photo, but I threw some chopped mango in one, and (well pictured), some chocolate chips in. This coconut loaf cake may be vegan, but you can hardly tell it has no eggs or dairy! It's moist and packed with coconut flavor to make up for it! Spoon the batter in a loaf cake pan lined with baking paper. I'm so happy that cherry picking season was a success this year, unlike last year due to the drought.