You can have Coconut Barfi using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Barfi
- Prepare 3 cups of dessicated coconut.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk powder.
- It’s 100 ml. of condensed milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee for greasing the tray.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of finely chopped almonds and pistachios.
Coconut Barfi step by step
- In a pan combine together dessicated coconut, milk powder, condensed milk and milk, mix them nicely.
- Now switch on the gas and cook the mixture first on medium heat for 5 minutes, then on low heat, stirring continuously, until it becomes thick like a dough and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Now grease a tray and spread the ready mixture in it, make it even from top with the back of a spoon or katori.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds and pistachios on top, press them also so that they stick to the mixture nicely.
- Let it cool down completely, then cut them in desired shape and size, if the weather is hot and humid then keep the tray in the refrigerator to set and then cut the pieces.
- Arrange the coconut barfis in a serving plate, you can have them whenever you feel like, you can store them for a week in the refrigerator, depending upon the weather conditions.