Lemon coconut cake. Lemon coconut cake, with deliciously moist coconut cake layers, homemade lemon curd, toasted Today's lemon coconut cake recipe combines everything we love about lemon cake and coconut. This homemade Lemon Coconut Cake has three layers of coconut cake, homemade lemon curd The classic coconut cake recipe is given a lemon twist, making this Lemon Coconut Cake my. The lemon zest and juice really balance the coconut well.
If you love coconut, then this cake is for you. The cake is moist, the lemon curd filling is tart and bright, and the vanilla icing is silky smooth. This tender cake is flecked with sweet coconut and lemon zest, with sweet-tart glaze that helps keep it fresh longer. You can cook Lemon coconut cake using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon coconut cake
- You need 2.5 c of cake and pastry flour.
- Prepare 1 TBS of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 11/4 c of sugar.
- You need 3/4 c of butter.
- It’s 1 c of buttermilk.
- You need 1/4 c of lemon juice.
- You need of Zest of a whole lemon.
- Prepare 2 TBS of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of lemon essence.
- You need of For decorating.
- It’s 1 c of butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 c of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon extract.
- You need of Juice of half lemon.
- You need of Sweetened dessicated coconut flakes.
There's no butter anywhere in this cake! While the cake bakes you make the filling. This luscious lemony lemon coconut oil cake recipe is incredibly easy to make and is so delicious to eat. The crumb is light and delicate and the sharp lemon glaze compliments it beautifully.
Lemon coconut cake step by step
- Preheat oven if using one, to 180°c. Butter and flour two tins.
- If you don't have cake and pastry flour, measure two and half cups all purpose flour then remove 5TBS of the flour replacing it with cornstarch. (For every cup remove 2 TBS).
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt. Whisk in sugar and lemon zest. Cut butter into small pieces and whisk in flour till crumbly.
- In a separate bowl mix milk, eggs, oil, essence, lemon juice. Whisk well.
- Add the liquid to the flour mixture. Whisk first at low speed then increase speed till well combined. Divide batter equally and bake for 30-40mins. Check with a skewer for readiness. Allow the cakes to cool at least 10mins in pan then take out and allow to cool completely.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter and whisk together till pale.
- Add essence and lemon juice. Whisk well. Use this to ice the cooled cake and top with coconut flakes. I only decorated one.
Partially inspired by my longing for a warmer climate, I decided to whip up this Lemon Coconut Cake. This Coconut Lemon Layer Cake has such an amazing combination of flavors- moist, fruity, and perfect for spring and summer! This keto lemon coconut cake recipe has the perfect amount of lemon taste, without the acidity and vulgar flavour that too much lemon can bring. I use erythritol in this cake to ensure the consistency is. This Lemon Coconut Layer Cake is fancy, elegant, and will impress your guests.