Beryani Rice, Iraqi Style.
You can have Beryani Rice, Iraqi Style using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beryani Rice, Iraqi Style
- It’s 2 cups of rice.
- It’s 1 kg of chicken thighs.
- It’s 1/2 kg of meat, cubed.
- You need 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of potatoes, cubed.
- Prepare 450 g of green peas.
- Prepare 400 g of raisins.
- You need 400 g of almonds, peeled and sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of vermicelli.
- It’s of white pepper.
- Prepare of turmeric to taste.
- It’s of salt to taste.
- You need of vegetable oil for frying.
Beryani Rice, Iraqi Style instructions
- Place the chicken thighs in a pot, cover with water and cook..
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from water and separate meat from the bones.Cut the meat into pieces and save the broth for later..
- Fry the onions in vegetable oil until they turn golden, then set aside..
- Fry the potatoes, green peas, almonds, raisins and the meat cubes, separately and set each aside..
- Fry the vermicelli until it turns golden brown, then add in the rice, turmeric, white pepper, black pepper, the fried onions, potatoes, green peas, meat cubes and the chicken pieces..
- Cover with chicken broth; add water if necessary and cook until rice is tender..
- When serving, decorate the beryani rice with the fried raisins and almonds..