Crunchy Garlic & Thyme Croutons.
You can cook Crunchy Garlic & Thyme Croutons using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crunchy Garlic & Thyme Croutons
- You need 2 cups of stale bread – cubed.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter (use oil for vegan version).
- It’s 3 tablespoons of rice bran oil (or any oil with high smoke point).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic – crushed.
- It’s of Small bunch of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of picked thyme leaves.
- It’s of Salt.
Crunchy Garlic & Thyme Croutons step by step
- Heat pan to low-medium heat. Throw in the oil, butter, garlic and bunch of thyme. Pan fry until garlic is golden. Discard garlic and thyme. You’ll be left with the flavoured oil..
- Add bread pieces, thyme leaves and salt and fry until golden..
- Either serve hot or leave to cool completely before storing in an air tight container..