Manicotti with eggplant sauce. The eggplant is a healthy alternative to using ground beef. I also used a bag of fresh spinach instead of frozen, and just sauteed it for a minute with a little bit of olive oil and garlic salt until it cooked down. Would also be good with sweet peppers.
Give this recipe a try here. For manicotti: Place ricotta cheese in strainer set over large bowl. Arrange eggplant manicotti in single layer atop sauce. You can cook Manicotti with eggplant sauce using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Manicotti with eggplant sauce
- Prepare 1 of eggplant.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloved, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried taragon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 can of (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can of (8 ounces) tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 packages of (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained.
- You need 1 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozarella cheese, divided.
- You need 1/2 cup of egg subtitute.
- You need 1/4 of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced fresh parsley.
- Prepare 6 of manicotti shells, cooked, rinsed and drained.
Baked Eggplant Manicotti is a perfect vegetarian, gluten-free dinner main for the baked pasta lovers in your life. Pat eggplant slices dry with paper towels and transfer eggplant to a large baking sheet. Pasta is one of those foods that taste delicious in the moment, but weighs heavy in the belly after it's gone. Take a slice of eggplant into your hand and spoon a dollop of the filling.
Manicotti with eggplant sauce step by step
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the eggplant, onion, garlic, tarragon, and thyme until vegetables are tender. add tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, mozarella, egg subtitute, parmesan and parsley; mix well. Stuff into manicotti shells..
- Place in an 11-in.x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon eggplant sauce over manicotti; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Cover and bake 350°F for 25-30 mins or until heated through..
Learn how to make Eggplant Manicotti with Creamy Pesto Filling. Place eggplant slices, browned sides down, on a smooth. Fill manicotti shells with roasted eggplant and spinach tofu and you've got a great vegan Italian meal to serve your family. Fill manicotti shells with eggplant mixture and arrange in the baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti and sprinkle with cheese.