Vietnamese spring rolls. Spring rolls are my absolute favorite Vietnamese food. Apparently, people have different versions of the dipping sauce. In our family (and yes, we're Vietnamese), we make a peanut-hoisin dipping sauce.
Vietnamese spring rolls are the perfect veggie-heavy, light and healthy spring meal. This traditional Vietnamese Spring Roll recipe (gỏi cuốn) is a fresh and healthy recipe, full of Traditional Vietnamese spring rolls can be made of many different fillings like vermicelli noodles. Gỏi cuốn, Vietnamese spring roll, fresh spring roll, spring roll, or rice paper roll, is a Vietnamese dish traditionally consisting of pork, prawn, vegetables, bún (rice vermicelli). You can have Vietnamese spring rolls using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese spring rolls
- It’s of Spring rolls.
- Prepare 20 g of dried shiitake mushroom (or any fresh mushroom.
- Prepare 20 g of dried wood ear mushroom.
- Prepare 30 g of dried vermicelli.
- You need 10 g of spring onion.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of carrot 🥕.
- You need 1 of kohlrabi.
- You need 100 g of spring sprout.
- It’s 300 g of ground pork.
- You need 1 pack of rice paper.
- You need of Pepper and salt.
- You need of 🥚🥚duck eggs (my mom's secret).
- Prepare of Sauce and others.
- You need of Fish sauce.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Chili.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Prepare of Vinegar.
- You need of Fresh herb(coriander or lettuce) (optional).
- It’s of Fresh rice noodle (optional).
Easy Vietnamese Pork and Shrimp Spring Rolls with fresh spring roll wrappers. Vietnamese fresh spring rolls (goi cuon in Vietnamese) are an incredibly easy, fresh version of the classic fried spring roll. These rolls (also called summer rolls or salad rolls) are light and healthy. Delicious Vietnamese Spring rolls or Summer rolls with peanut butter dipping sauce.
Vietnamese spring rolls instructions
- Prepare the ingredients: wash all the ingredients. Peel the skin of onion, carrot and kolhrabi. Cut the root of spring onions. Take dried shiitake, wood ear and vermicelli into the water. Let it sit there about 2 – 3 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the onion, carrot, spring onion into small piecies(you can use food processor). For the spring sprout, use your hand to crush it, no need into tiny pieces (spring sprout is full of water, it is a watse if you use blender).
- When all dried stuff become soft, take that out then take the leg of shiitake (if they have) cut into small piecies. Keep the water(we will use this later).
- Take all the ingredients into big bowl(or pot, you might need something quite big) then add 4 table spoon of salt, 4 table spoon of pepper powder and crack 2 duck eggs. Mix everything together (your hand is the best tool 🤗). You can feel the stickiness on your hands..
- Take one sheet of rice paper, put into mushroom water. Take 1 big spoon of the mixture into the middle of the sheet and wrap it..
- Prepare the oil, use the spoon to check the temparature. If the air bubble appear around the spoon you can start deep fried the spring roll. Turn the spring after 1minutes. When it has a nice gold color, it is done..
- Prepare the sauce: peel the skin of garlic and mince it. Take out the chili seed..
- Put 3 big spoons of fish sauce, 1 big spoon of vinegar and 5 big spoons if water into a bowl. Add 15g of sugar, pepper, garlic into the sauce. Mix this until you can see all the garlic floating then the sauce is done. Add chili(optional).
- Serve it hot.The spring roll should be crunchy outside and juicy soft inside.The sauce is salty, sweet and sour at the same time. Hope you have a wonderful experience.
For more delicious and print out recipes please visit my website. I love Vietnamese spring rolls or cha gio in Vietnamese, which roughly means "minced pork rolls." The filling is made of ground pork, shrimp, crab meat, shredded carrots and mung bean noodles. This veggie-packed Vietnamese Spring Rolls recipe is a fresh and delicious Asian-inspired dinner that is served with the best almond coconut dipping sauce! A delicious (and healthy!) recipe for Vietnamese Spring Rolls — made at home! Vietnamese spring roll paper wrappers (Amazon link) are like magic!