Not Really Mexican, Chicken Manicotti.
You can cook Not Really Mexican, Chicken Manicotti using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Not Really Mexican, Chicken Manicotti
- Prepare 1 of manicotti shells (lg pasta shells work too).
- It’s 2 can of chunk chicken breast in a can, drained really well (2C of rotisserie chicken shredded is awesome,).
- You need 2 cup of shredded monterey jack cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream (8oz).
- You need 1 of small onion, diced (optional and I did not add this time).
- Prepare 1 can of chopped green chilies (4oz).
- Prepare 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted (10.75oz).
- It’s 1 cup of salsa.
- It’s 2/3 cup of milk.
Not Really Mexican, Chicken Manicotti step by step
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Go ahead and cook your manicotti, but only just to al dente (7 mins is what I prefer).
- Gather ingredients for the chicken mixture: cheese, sour cream, chilies, onion, and chicken..
- Drain chicken well and separate with a fork or your fingers..
- In a large bowl mix 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, sour cream, chilies and half the diced onion if you are using it into the chicken..
- Gather ingredients for a second mixture: soup, salsa, milk, and remaining diced onion..
- Mix it all up with a fork..
- Spread 3/4 C of the salsa mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Drain manicotti and rinse under cold water. I found that if you lay them out on a cutting board or platter individually that they will not stick together so badly and will stuff easier..
- It's stuffin' time! It is easier to stuff manicotti shells little by little and only halfway up…..
- …..then flip it around and do it again..
- As you fill the manicotti, add them to your baking dish until you are packed in. (I can usually fit all but one- don't squeeze them in or they will be impossible to get out when done).
- Top with remaining salsa mixture..
- Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 30 mins.
- Remove the foil and now add the rest of your cheeses (1/2 C of cheddar and 1/2 C of monterey jack) and bake for another 10 mins or until cheese is melted (or browned like a real person eats it).
- This is the beauty of the entire pan..