You can cook Harira Soup using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Harira Soup
- It’s 1 of medium onion (grated).
- It’s 2 of tomatoes (seedless, peeled and grated).
- You need 1 cup of celery (chopped).
- It’s 1 cup of parsley and coriander (chopped).
- Prepare 200 grams of meat (cut into small pieces).
- Prepare 1 cup of chickpeas (soaked overnight).
- Prepare 1 cup of lentils.
- Prepare 1 cup of dried fava beans (optional).
- It’s 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 3 tablespoons of rice or vermicelli pasta.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper (according to preference).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ginger (grated).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of saffron.
- You need 3 tablespoons of ghee or butter, or 3 spoons of olive oil.
- It’s 3 liters of water.
Harira Soup instructions
- Soak chickpeas in water overnight. (Keep or remove skin according to preference). In a cooking pot, add ghee or oil, onions and meat and stir fry for 3 minutes..
- In a cooking pot, add ghee or oil, onions and meat and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add celery, coriander, parsley, beans, tomatoes, saffron, salt, pepper and dry fava beans (optional). Mix and keep stirring for another 3 mintues.
- Add 3 L of water and let it cook until meat and chickpeas are tender enough..
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and water until you get a slightly thick and smooth batter. Leave a side..
- Make sure the meat is cooked through. Add tomato paste to the soup and mix well..
- Gradually add the flour smooth batter to the soup, keep stirring nonstop for 10 minutes. Make sure to mix very well to avoid flour lumps from forming. (Very important step)..
- Add rice or vermicelli pasta and let it simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes..
- Serve along with dates and chebakia sweet.