Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers. Super flavorful chorizo is the key to keeping these Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers simple and delicious enough for a weeknight dinner. Slice each of the bell peppers in half and then carefully remove the white ribs and seed pods, keeping the stem intact to help hold in the stuffing. Bell peppers are stuffed with a spicy blend of chorizo, onions, garlic, fresh herbs, Worcestershire, three kinds of cheese, and rice.
Dinner tonight is Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers. I made this up one day when I wanted to change up our original stuffed bell pepper recipe. I can best describe the taste of these Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers by comparing it to the movie, "Drive." As in, they seem all trendy and cool and whatever and then you take a bite and you're wondering what all the hey-hoo is. You can have Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Prepare 6 of Bell Peppers.
- You need 1/2-1 pound of chorizo.
- Prepare 1 of small potato (optional).
- You need 1 of small onion.
- You need 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s To taste of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 tbspn of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of bushel cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced basil.
- Prepare 1 can of black or red beans.
- Prepare 1 can of hot rotel (or equivalent).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Habanero Jack Shredded cheese.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Mexican Blend Shredded cheese.
Bell peppers are one of those things that people love to throw on the grill, but they usually end up as part of some skewer. That might have been exciting the first time you tried it, but not anymore. And if all the stuff is pressed together tightly on that skewer. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 350• F, dice onion and potato, chop cilantro, and slice Basil.
- Cut caps off and decore bell peppers 🌶 bring a large pot to boil and boil peppers for about 6 minutes. Set aside in glass baking dish..
- Add chorizo, potatoes 🥔, onions, Garlic, salt, and pepper to a large saucepan and brown. NOTE: if you’d like a more meaty pepper you can replace the potato with another half pound of chorizo..
- Drain beans and rotel, add to saucepan with Worcestershire sauce, cilantro, parsley, and rice 🍚. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Mix in Habanero Jack and 1/2 cup of Mexican blend cheese until melted.
- Add to bell peppers, sprinkle rest of cheese 🧀 atop each pepper, cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- FINITO! Share a cooksnap & let us know how you liked it!.
This stuffed bell peppers recipe is an amazing vegan twist on regular stuffed bell peppers. You can use beautiful red, yellow, orange, and green bells to make a festive color mix that is visually exciting on top of tasty. Add some spice to classic stuffed peppers with this Mexican-inspired filling. These chorizo stuffed poblano peppers are packed full of spicy chorizo, black beans, sweet corn, Oaxaca cheese and baked in a flavorful tomato sauce. If you're looking for a new version of stuffed peppers this is the perfect version!