Cheesy sausage ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Baked until bubbly with spaghetti sauce, cheese, and sausage, this is a ziti with a lot of flavor. With a robustly flavored homemade tomato sauce (made with Italian sausage), ricotta and melty, bubbly mozzarella cheese, this is comfort food at its finest!
Brown the sausage and pepperoni together and drain the grease. Cook onion and green pepper and garlic, put with meat. An easy, healthy dinner that's great post workout: garlic parmesan rigatoni with chicken sausage, bell peppers, broccoli and onion. You can have Cheesy sausage ziti using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy sausage ziti
- You need 1.5 cup of pasta sauce.
- You need 1.5 cups of mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 cup of parm.
- It’s 1/2 lb of ziti.
- You need 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 of small onion chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of pepper chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of tblsp Italian seasoning.
Baked ziti is one of those super easy recipes the whole family will love. Ziti is cooked, then tossed with spaghetti sauce, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses. A saucy, cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe! My mother use to love to make baked ziti.
Cheesy sausage ziti instructions
- Remove casing Brown ground Italian sausage add onions garlic peppers cook additional 3-5 minutes on med till fragrant.
- While cooking meat boil pasta 8- 10 minutes till done.
- Drain pasta add all ingredients setting aside 1/2 cup mozzarella stir well.
- Top with reserved mozzarella bake until cheeses melted and bubbled.
Packed with cheese, homemade sauce, and spicy Italian sausage, this great baked ziti is an easy dinner recipe the whole family will love. This is an easy baked ziti casserole with ground beef, Italian sausage and three kinds of cheese. This popular recipe is a full meal in one dish. This easy, cheesy dish uses three cheeses – ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan – to create the perfect counterpart to our tomato-based meat sauce with ground sausage. It can easily be assembled ahead of time for fuss free dinners!