Chicken tortilla soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
Chicken breasts, corn, beans, and other delicious ingredients are simmered in a tomato base. Top this delicious soup with crispy homemade. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. You can cook Chicken tortilla soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken tortilla soup
- You need 2 cups of chicken shredded.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of half and half.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cumin.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 4 packages of taco seasoning.
- It’s 2 cans of rotel.
- Prepare 2 cans of black beans drained n rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can of white kidney beans drained n rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can of great northern beans drained n rinsed.
- You need 2 cans of corn drained n rinsed.
- It’s 2 cans of cream style corn.
- Prepare 2 cups of cheese for garnish.
- It’s Bag of tortilla strips for garnish.
Today I'm sharing The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe I've ever made. Drop your dinner plans and make it tonight! This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the soup of my dreams. It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds.
Chicken tortilla soup instructions
- Turn Crock-Pot on low.
- Add all ingredients except cheese tortilla strips half and half and cream style corn.
- Stir ingredients thoroughly.
- At end of cook cycle add cream style corn n half n half stir n let cook for half hour more.
- Serve with tortilla strips n cheese.
It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal. Chicken tortilla soup is one of my favorite kinds of soup. Lately I've been getting chicken tortilla soup almost weekly at a local restaurant.