Balsamic Honey Glazed Chicken with Rice.
You can have Balsamic Honey Glazed Chicken with Rice using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Balsamic Honey Glazed Chicken with Rice
- Prepare 12 of chicken legs.
- Prepare 1 each of red, green, yellow peppers.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chicken stock (concentrate).
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable stock (concentrate).
- Prepare 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of honey.
- You need 1 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of herbes de provence.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare of Glaze.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ketchup.
Balsamic Honey Glazed Chicken with Rice instructions
- Dice the onion, peppers and garlic into very small pieces.
- In a hot, deep saucepan add olive oil and sauté the vegetables at medium low heat adding salt, black pepper and a teaspoon of the honey. Cook until tender..
- Add crushed tomatoes, water, stocks, spices, and vinegars. Increase heat to medium high..
- Add chicken legs and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to medium and cover. Simmer until chicken is cooked through. (15-20 minutes)..
- When the chicken is nearly done, heat up a cast iron skillet to medium low. Add remaining honey, balsamic vinegar, Dijon and ketchup and whisk quickly until it forms a sticky syrup..
- Remove the chicken from the saucepan and transfer to skillet. Spoon the glaze onto the chicken..
- Add the rice to the saucepan containing the braising liquid and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Cover and reduce to low for 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, put the skillet with the chicken under the broiler until the glaze browns and bubbles. Reduce oven to 150°F..
- Serve the chicken on top of the rice. Serves four to six people..