Hawaiian-Style Huli Huli Chicken.
You can cook Hawaiian-Style Huli Huli Chicken using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hawaiian-Style Huli Huli Chicken
- It’s 500 grams of Chicken thigh meat (or any other cut).
- It’s of Huli Huli Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 60 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Granulated chicken buillon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cooking sake (or white wine).
- You need 170 ml of Pineapple juice.
- It’s 1/2 clove of Garlic (grated).
- Prepare 1/2 of a knob Ginger (grated).
- You need 1 of drop Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
Hawaiian-Style Huli Huli Chicken instructions
- Add the pineapple juice to a saucepan and place over strong heat. Once it starts to boil, simmer the pineapple juice down until it's almost gone for 7-8 minutes. Turn off the heat..
- Add the other ingredients to the saucepan and mix well. Then, add the pan to a medium heat and simmer the mixture down for about 5 minutes until it starts to thicken..
- Cut away any excess fat from the chicken. Then heat a frying pan over low heat and add in the vegetable oil. Cook the chicken on both sides until browned..
- Take the chicken off the heat and cut into bite-sized pieces, or you can leave it as it is..
- In the same frying pan, pour in the sauce from Step 2 and re-heat over medium heat. Once the sauce starts simmering, put the chicken back into the frying pan and quickly cover with the sauce and mix..
- Serve the chicken up on a plate with whatever sides you want and it's done..