You can cook Baked Ziti using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb. of ziti noodles.
- Prepare 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz.) of unsalted diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp. of each sugar, dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each salt, Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 container (15 oz.) of ricotta cheese.
- You need 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
Baked Ziti instructions
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over med-low heat. Once its hot, add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent. Then stir in the garlic and cook another 2 or so minutes, until fragrant. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking it apart as you cook. Drain out any excess fat, if needed..
- Add all of the canned tomatoes, seasonings and sugar. Once it comes to a simmer, reduce the heat down to low, then let it simmer lightly for 15 or so minutes, while you cook the pasta..
- In a seperate large pot, heat up salted water over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, cook the pasta according to the package directions, then drain it, toss lightly with a splash of olive oil and return it to the empty pot. Toss the ricotta cheese with the hot pasta. Then stir in all but about a cup or so of the sauce and toss it all together..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13" baking pan. Spread half of the pasta mixture out into the pan. Then sprinkle half the mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the top of it. Top with the remaining pasta, then spread the remaining sauce evenly over the top, especially around the edges. Top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese..
- Bake uncovered for 30 or so minutes, until heated through and the cheese over the top has started to brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!.