Horse Mackerel Kabayaki on Rice Packed with Umami Taste of Shiitake Powder. < Top < Japanese Food < Horse Mackerel "Kabayaki" Rice Bowl. Kabayaki most commonly refers to how unagi (freshwater eel) is prepared and served with a distinctive, teriyaki-like sauce. You can imitate the dish at home using horse mackerel!
Catfish Kabayaki ナマズの蒲焼 • Just One Cookbook. Then you must try this catfish kabayaki recipe, sweet and delicate tare sauce on top of tender juicy catfish and garnished with sesame seeds. For those who like the umami-filled flavor of Shiitake mushrooms, this recipe is for you! You can have Horse Mackerel Kabayaki on Rice Packed with Umami Taste of Shiitake Powder using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Horse Mackerel Kabayaki on Rice Packed with Umami Taste of Shiitake Powder
- You need 6 of horse mackerels (cut into fillets).
- You need 1 tbsp of grated dried Shiitake (Shiitake powder).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2,5 tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Sugar.
- You need As needed of Vegetable oil.
- It’s to taste of Shredded seaweed.
- It’s to taste of White sesame seeds.
- It’s of Japanese pepper (optional).
- Prepare of Shichimi red pepper (optional).
- Prepare of Green perilla powder (optional).
Shiitake-gohan, similar to takikomi gohan, is rice cooked with shiitake mushroom and Japanese seasonings. Mix in stone parsley (mitsuba) and ginger for a unique. The top countries of supplier is China, from which the percentage. Strain the Shiitake Dashi into a bowl through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of dirty particles.
Horse Mackerel Kabayaki on Rice Packed with Umami Taste of Shiitake Powder instructions
- Grate the dried Shiitake into a powder using a grater..
- Combine the eggs, salt, and sugar marked with ◎. Add oil to the frying pan and pour a thin layer of the beaten eggs into the pan over low heat to make the omelet. Slice the omelet into thin strips and set aside..
- Combine the horse mackerel well with the ingredients marked with ○ in a plastic bag, and set aside for 10 minutes..
- Add oil to the frying pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, pan-fry the horse mackerel skin-side down for around 2 minutes until the skin turns golden brown..
- Flip the horse mackerel and pan-fry the other side of the fish for around 2 minutes. Pour the sauce made by mixing the ingredients marked with ● gently into the pan in a circular motion and bring it to a simmer. Finally, turn the heat down to low and make sure the fish is well coated with the sauce..
- Add the sliced omelet and shredded seaweed to the rice before laying the horse mackerel kabayaki on top. Garnish with white sesame seeds, Japanese pepper, Shichimi red pepper, and green perilla powder to taste and serve..
Regular or Mixed Rice setting on rice cooker: The main difference is that Mixed Rice setting will create burnt I am unable to eat any mushrooms. What would be a good alternative so there is still the umami flavor? Spoon the rice into bowls, then top each bowl with a mackerel fillet. Spoon over the sauce and sprinkle over the spring onions. Serve with a blob of wasabi paste, if you like.