Mike's Mexican Sick Day Soup. We're in prime cold and flu season, and with it comes the need to keep plenty of feel-better soups in your recipe arsenal. Quick & Easy Sick Day Soup. This fall/winter season has not been good to me.
This is a fantastic quick tomato soup recipe simply bursting with the flavours of roasted red peppers, garlic and lime. From chicken noodle to red lentil, here are some healing soups to make for yourself or for your ailing loved one. Sick day soup is exactly what it says it is. You can have Mike's Mexican Sick Day Soup using 38 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Mexican Sick Day Soup
- It’s of ● For The Soup.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Shreded Rotisserie Chicken.
- You need 1 Cup of Pre-cooked Spicy Pork Chorizo.
- You need 64 oz of Chicken Broth [you may need more].
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of Can Hatch Green Chilies.
- You need 1 Cup of Chopped Green Bell Peppers.
- You need 1 Cup of Chopped Green Onions.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Fine Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 Can of Sweet Corn [drained].
- You need 1 Can of Black Or Dark Red Beans [drained & rinsed].
- You need 1 Cup of Of Your Favorite Red Salsa.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Shredded Mexican 3 Cheese [+ reserves].
- It’s 1 Can of ROTEL Tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice.
- You need 4 of Sliced Jalapenos.
- It’s 1 of LG Chopped Firm Tomato.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Shredded Cabbage.
- It’s 2 Cups of Fresh Mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Chopped Red Onions.
- It’s 1 Cup of Chopped White Onions.
- You need 1 Cup of Chopped Cilantro [+ reserves].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Chopped Celery.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dried Mexican Oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Epazote.
- You need 2 tbsp of Tapatio Hot Sauce.
- You need 1 Packet of McCormic Taco Seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of ● For The Side Options.
- You need as needed of Shredded Mexican 3 Cheese.
- Prepare as needed of Warm Flour Tortillas.
- It’s as needed of Tapatio Hot Sauce.
- You need as needed of Sliced Avocados.
- Prepare as needed of Tortilla Chips.
- It’s as needed of Sour Cream.
A great soup to have on hand when you're feeling less than your best. If you've got a sicky at home, or if you're under the weather yourself, this soup is the perfect quick fix for a sick day meal. You can make a traditional Mexican soup, menudo, that can be made with offal, the cast-off parts like pigs feet or beef tongue. Or you can incorporate green chilies with chicken or pork to make a slow-cooked meal with hearty, well-developed flavors that will keep you returning to the pot for more.
Mike's Mexican Sick Day Soup step by step
- Throw everything in your pot [except side options] and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir regularly..
- Serve piping hot with any of your side options. Enjoy!.
Made it because I'm sick today and maybe my sick day soup for now on! This delicious Mexican lentil soup is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free! The best healthy veggie soup to warm up with. Packed with protein, fiber, and veggies, this Mexican lentil soup is a complete one-pot meal. Last week a couple of my amazing girlfriends came over for mama happy hour.