Baked Ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Baked Ziti is so much more than just a Bolognese pasta bake…. It's a big, juicy baked pasta that's loaded with flavour from a healthy dose of seasonings and topped with a generous amount of cheese.
Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve. The best recipe for baked ziti casserole. Baked Ziti is an easy weeknight pasta dish! You can cook Baked Ziti using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 3 cloves of Garlic, Minced.
- Prepare 1 of whole Large Onion, Diced.
- You need 1 pound of Italian Sausage.
- Prepare 1 pound of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1 can (28 Oz.) of Size) Whole Tomatoes, With Juice.
- Prepare 2 cans (14.5 Ounce) of Tomato Sauce Or Marinara Sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need to taste of Salt And Pepper,.
- Prepare 16 of ounces, of any pasta you'd like Cooked Until Not Quite Al Dente.
- You need 1 tub (15 Oz.) of Size) Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese.
- You need 1-1/2 pound of Mozzarella Cheese, Grated.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 1 of whole Egg.
Tender ziti noodles, a zesty meat sauce and delicious creamy ricotta are layered in a casserole dish, topped with cheese and baked until bubbly. Baked ziti is a simple casserole made with a zesty meat sauce, tender pasta, creamy ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. Typically, the pasta is cooked separately while the meat sauce is being prepared. This Baked Ziti is a classic Italian-American comfort food!
Baked Ziti instructions
- Preheat oven at 375 Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for several minutes, or until starting to soften. Add Italian sausage and ground beef and cook until browned. Drain off fat, leaving a bit behind for flavor and moisture..
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Stir and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. After that time, remove 3 to 4 cups of the sauce to a different bowl to cool down..
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the grated mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, and salt and pepper. Stir together just a couple of times (do not mix completely)..
- Drain the pasta and rinse under cool water to stop the cooking and cool it down. Pour it into the bowl with the cheese mixture and toss to slightly combine (there should still be large lumps.) Add the cooled meat sauce and toss to combine..
- Add half the coated pasta to a large casserole dish or lasagna dish. Spoon half of the remaining sauce over the top, then top with half the remaining mozzarella cheese. Repeat with another layer of the coated pasta, the sauce, and the mozzarella..
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbling. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving..
It's easy to make, perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. Tender pieces of ziti noodles, delicious meat sauce. This baked ziti recipe is layers of pasta with meat sauce and three types of cheese, all cooked together to golden brown perfection. A hearty dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd! A saucy, cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe!