Baked ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Baked Ziti is so much more than just a Bolognese pasta bake…. It's a big, juicy baked pasta that's loaded with flavour from a healthy dose of seasonings and topped with a generous amount of cheese.
Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve. The best recipe for baked ziti casserole. Baked Ziti is an easy weeknight pasta dish! You can have Baked ziti using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked ziti
- You need 1 lb of ground beef (or turkey).
- It’s 1/2 lb of mild italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 can (24 oz) of spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of onion (diced).
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 16 oz. of mozzerella (shredded).
- You need 16 oz. of rotelle pasta.
- You need of Salt/pepper.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
Tender ziti noodles, a zesty meat sauce and delicious creamy ricotta are layered in a casserole dish, topped with cheese and baked until bubbly. Baked ziti is a simple casserole made with a zesty meat sauce, tender pasta, creamy ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. Typically, the pasta is cooked separately while the meat sauce is being prepared. This Baked Ziti is a classic Italian-American comfort food!
Baked ziti step by step
- Bring pan of water to boil. Add salt and pasta..cook until they have a little bit of chew to them still 8-10 min. Drain and return to pan..
- Brown sausage with a little bit of olive oil. Remove from pan..
- Add onion to drippings from sausage, saute. Add garlic just before onions are done..
- Add ground beef to onions and garlic, brown and then drain fat. Return to heat and add sausage and sauce. Let simmer.
- In baking dish coat bottom with sauce, add layer of cheese followed by a layer of pasta.. Repeat until all is used..top with a final layer of cheese and parm..
- Bake at 350°F for 20 min. Cheese should be melted and slightly golden brown..
- Serve and enjoy!!!.
It's easy to make, perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. Tender pieces of ziti noodles, delicious meat sauce. This baked ziti recipe is layers of pasta with meat sauce and three types of cheese, all cooked together to golden brown perfection. A hearty dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd! A saucy, cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe!