Pasta With Bacon And Peas.
You can have Pasta With Bacon And Peas using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta With Bacon And Peas
- It’s 1/2 each of Diced white onion.
- You need 2 each of Or more diced garlic cloves.
- Prepare 4 oz of Chopped pancetta/ thick cut chopped bacon.
- It’s 8 oz of Petite peas (I use frozen).
- It’s 500 grams of Pasta (penne, canneroni,tortiglioni work well) All I had in the cupboard was spaghetti!.
- It’s 1 of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of Sea salt or Kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 of Parmesan cheese grated. Leave cheese out for 1/2 hour and grates much easier..
- Prepare 1 of Italian parsley.
Pasta With Bacon And Peas instructions
- Place frozen peas in a bowl of water to being thawing..
- Start boiling the water for the pasta. You want a large pan with about 4 quarts of water..
- Add chopped onions with just enough olive oil to sauté. The pancetta will add a lot of flavor and fat to the sauce..
- Once the onions begin to become transparent/ or golden if you prefer, add the garlic..
- Add pancetta to the onions and garlic. Keep heat on low..
- Drain peas..
- Add to sauce. Cook for only a couple of minutes more and then remove from heat..
- Once the water comes to a rolling boil, add a handful of sea salt..
- Add the pasta and stir continuously for about three minutes. Then, stir occasionally until the pasta is al dente. I have found this is about 2 minutes before recommended cooking time..
- Drain pasta and combine with sauce. Add Parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired..
- La scarpetta!.