Hasslebacked Squash with Lemon and Maple Syrup.
You can cook Hasslebacked Squash with Lemon and Maple Syrup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hasslebacked Squash with Lemon and Maple Syrup
- It’s 1 of butternut squash.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves crushed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 of large lemon.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pine nuts.
Hasslebacked Squash with Lemon and Maple Syrup instructions
- Cut the squash in half lengthways. Remove the seeds. Place them cut side down on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 190 C..
- Take the squash out and transfer them to a chopping board, cut side down. Use a sharp knife to score and thin lines through the squash being careful not to cut right through..
- Put the squash carefully back in your baking tray. Mix together the rest of the ingredients except the lemon and pine nuts. Spoon the oil mixture over the squash. Then place sliced lemons around the tray. Bake again for 20 minutes at 190 C..
- To serve, place the lemon slices on top of the squash halves and scatter with raw pine nuts..