Stuffed Bell Peppers. Green bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of rice, textured vegetable protein, cheese and tomato sauce. Omit the cheese for a vegan variation. Serve with additional tomato sauce, if desired.
These Stuffed Bell Peppers are such a classic. They're made with a mix of ground beef, rice, onions, tomatoes, and spices. No need to pre-cook the filling — just stuff, bake, and serve! You can have Stuffed Bell Peppers using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Bell Peppers
- It’s 6 of large bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey (or meat of your choice).
- It’s 2 cups of rice, cooked (one I use pictured).
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of can Rotel diced tomatoes with peppers, drained.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It’s of Olive oil to sautee.
- It’s to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- You need 1 of good dash of "Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning".
The bell pepper is an excellent vessel for stuffing meat, rice, and, of course, cheese. It's strong enough to hold its shape in the oven, and the flavor is subtle enough to go well with just about anything. These stuffed peppers are made with green, yellow or red bell peppers and a deliciously seasoned ground beef and rice filling. Garlic and some dried basil add flavor to the simple tomato sauce.
Stuffed Bell Peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook Rice and set aside..
- Cut tops off of bell peppers and remove seeds. Trim bottom of bell peppers evenly if they don't sit flat..
- Add bell peppers to boiling water, boil for 5 minutes. Remove and place upside down on paper towel to dry..
- In a large skillet add olive oil, onion, and garlic. Sautee until tender. Add turkey and cook thoroughly. Don't forget to dash in some Slap Ya Momma seasoning for that good spicy kick!.
- Add diced tomatoes, cooked rice (2 cups), and 1/2 of cheese in skillet with turkey. Mix until blended..
- Stuff those peppers!.
- Place in oven for 25-30 mins.
- Add remaining cheese and bake additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted..
Stuffed peppers are what dinner dreams are made of. They can be filled with any combination of Prepare the peppers. Use a small knife to cut a wide circle around each bell pepper stem (like when. Stuffed bell peppers are an easy recipe, especially during the summer when peppers are in season. This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and low carb.